[SOLVED] PC Won't Post With 4 Sticks Of Exactly The Same RAM

chrisvl

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019
So my aunt accidentally bought a two 2x4GB kits of ram (exactly the same kits) instead of 2x8GB for her new build and her PC wouldn't post with all DIMMs plugged in. All in all, she ended up giving it to me, and buying a 2x8GB kit for herself. So I plugged in all of the DIMMs and booted up my PC, but no video signal was coming through. Then I try all RAM sticks in a 2x2 config, and the PC works perfectly. Then I set the A-XMP in BIOS to Profile 1, try booting up with 4 ram sticks, and nothing happens. Then I set the A-XMP in BIOS to Profile 2 , try booting up with 4 ram sticks, and again nothing happens. I even tried upping the DRAM voltage but nothing happened. Does anyone have a solution?
(The RAM is G.Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16D-8GVKB and my motherboard is an MSI B450 Gaming Plus)

Solution
looking at your mainboard memory compatibility list (even if no exact match - heatsink color difference)
i cant find any (0, zero, nada) gskill 3200MHZ C16D (dualchannel) being supported in 4 ram slots configuration

TRENDING THREADS