Question PC won't post with more than 8GB RAM

Aug 3, 2021
Hi guys, I need you assistance. I'm newbie to PC building.

I have a PC with Ryzen 3200g, MSI B450M Titanium and Team Delta 4GBx2 2666MHz DDR4 which works fine.

I decided to add Team Delta 8GBx2 3200MHz DDR4 and changed the stock cooler to water cooler.

Before installing the CPU cooler, the process got stuck on stock cooler when I removed it from the motherboard. I managed to remove it without bending the pins.

I added now the RAMs on 8-4-8-4 configuration. But when I boot up, the the CPU LED on EZ debug LED is turned on and won't post. Also tried 4-8-4-8.

I individually use each memory sticks and the PC boots up just fine. But when I use more than 8GB of memory, it won't post and has the CPU led light on EZ debug. Using the 8GBx2 doesn't work, but using the old 4GBx2 works. I also tried each DIMM slots on the motherboard and it works with single stick.

I'm not sure if this is a motherboard issue or the processor itself. I have already tried resetting the BIOS. Please advise me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please don't mix and match sticks of ram. It only leads to hair pulling moments. Remove the 4GB sticks and work with only the 8GB sticks in place of the 4GB sticks, i.e, slots A2 and B2. See if that works for you. While on the (2x4GB)8GB kit, did you make sure your motherboard was on the latest BIOS version?

Reactions: francisjessiee
Aug 3, 2021

Please don't mix and match sticks of ram. It only leads to hair pulling moments. Remove the 4GB sticks and work with only the 8GB sticks in place of the 4GB sticks, i.e, slots A2 and B2. See if that works for you. While on the (2x4GB)8GB kit, did you make sure your motherboard was on the latest BIOS version?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried removing the 4GB sticks and replace it with the two 8GB sticks and my PC won't still POST and the CPU LED light on EZ Debug on my motherboard is on. I'll try to check and update my BIOS.

Aug 3, 2021

Just an update. I just updated my BIOS to 7B89vAD. I'm currently using single 8GB 3200MHz stick. When adding the second 8GB stick, my PC won't post still with the CPU led light on EZ Debug LED. Tried other DIMM slots as well.