Question PC won't post, X570 board has CPU and DRAM LEDs on

FlashExplorer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
Hi there, I am experiencing some issues with my PC starting, I'll explain what happened...

So I was cleaning up my desk with a vacuum and I accidentally spilled some beer on my keyboard and desk. I removed the drink from my desk, and cleaned the area, although there's a chance some liquid got into the case. I plugged my keyboard back in and tested to see if it still worked. Everything looked fine and so I started to clean it up. After a while I noticed my screen turned off and the RGB on my peripherals weren't lighting up. I tried pressing my keys and nothing happened, the screen didn't wake, so I shut the PC down. When I tried to reboot it, it wouldn't go to POST and would power cycle after 40 secs or so. I noticed the CPU and DRAM lights were on, which obviously isn't a good sign.

I have tried changing the graphics card, reseating the RAM, and ensuring the power supply was properly connected. At this point, I am convinced either the motherboard or the CPU must have failed. The good news is the board is still under manufacturing warranty so I can RMA it if necessary. I purchased it on January 21 of 2020, so it should be within warranty. Should I RMA it through Newegg or ASRock?

What I want to know is if you agree with me, or if it could be something else. All I know is I am probably going to be without a PC for a bit which sucks.

Motherboard: X570 ASRock Phantom Gaming 4
GPU: ASRock 5700XT Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: Ryzen 3700X
RAM: 32GB g.skill Trident Z

Last edited:

FlashExplorer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
...uh oh, I don't like the look of this.

1. What is CID (Customer Induced Damage)?
    CID (Customer Induced Damage) is any damage due to an unintentional act that is not the direct result of a manufacturing defect or failure, and is therefore not covered under the product warranty of the ASRock. Such damage is most often the result of a drop, improper installation or an impact to the product or any other part of the product which may render the device non-functional.
    Is the CID condition covered under the Product Warranty for my ASRock product?

No, all CID condition product will be treated as Out of Warranty and will be return to the customer as it is. [ /QUOTE]

FlashExplorer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
So letting it dry didn't work.

I am positive it is fried, so I bit the bullet and got a new Asus Prime X570 motherboard, as well as 2x8GB Trident Z RAM sticks, as after installing the new motherboard, it threw me a memory POST code for one of my 16GB sticks. Happy to report that everything is working again, however I did have to purchase a new license version of Windows 10 home so that it was registered to the new motherboard.