Jun 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a problem - I just assembled a PC using new components:

R3 2200G,
Gigabyte AB350M - DS3H, rev. 1.1;
2 X 8 Gb, G.Skill Ripjaws V, CL16, 3200 MHz (I just need so much memory),
CX450 Corsair,
MX500 Gb SSD.

PC will spin its coolers for ~3-5 s, then just stops. The interesting fact is that after I unplug CPU power cord it would spin coolers infinitely, all the lights on . ;)

I tried:
-Removing RAM sticks, one by one, changing slots;
-Remove CMOS battery, wait ~ 5 min, to reset BIOS;
-removing anything other tha just motherboard power plug, and collers, with one ram stick and it alld have not helped.

Manufacturer claims my Mobo supports Raven Ridge with its initial BIOS.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The processor does support integrated graphics. The motherboard BIOS may need to be updated (regardless of the manufacturer assurance). There was a problem with motherboards shipped early in the year with BIOS that didn't support the second generation processors. They would not boot either.

The Ryzen processors seem to be very picky when it comes to memory. Did you check the memory supported list for your specific RAM?

Jun 27, 2018
terry4536,

Tahnk you,

>you can enter the BIOS

The trouble is I cannot, PC just stops itself.

I actually was sure that RAM anywasy would start with 2133 or 2400, then I would have to activate A-XMP profile, to get 3200 MHz, hopefully.

Jun 27, 2018
It is not even listed for this motherboard, but people get it working at overclocked speed :http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350M-E/PRIME-B350M-E-Memory-QVL-For-AMD-Ryzen-2000-Series-APU.pdf

Is it just luck for them? Because memory seems to be Samsung B-die.

Jun 27, 2018

I am sorry but I suspect memory is not the main issue in this case. Thank you for the suggestions.

People seem to not experience any troubles with these memory, even in overclocking.

The motherboard supports up to 3200 MHz (but it specified that the CPU may limit it). That is the case here the maximum frequency supported by the R3 2200G processor is 2667 MHz.

I think you will probably need to purchase >= 2667 MHz RAM (or borrow some) jut to get the system to boot. After it boots you may be able to use the RAM at at lower frequency.

Jun 27, 2018

OK. let me try it, I will post my results here.

TRENDING THREADS