[SOLVED] PC won't POST

May 20, 2020
Hello, I am building my first PC and just completed. I go to turn it on, but nothing besides the LED's on the MOBO turn on. I have swapped out the MOBO and PSU separate from each other twice now and still nothing works. the POST lights do not even run. I am using an ASUS Tuf Gaming X570-Plus MOBO along with an EVGA 550W PSU. For my CPU I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz, for my RAM I have a Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z DDR4-3200.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 550 W ATX Power Supply

Last edited:
Reactions: ZekromMegaBoss
May 20, 2020
Are all components brand new?

Have you double checked that every single power connector is correctly connected ?

Have you mounted the placeholders for the motherboard correctly ?
Yes, all components are brand new.

All power connectors are correctly connected. I attempted with minimum components connected to make sure it was not one of them messing it up.

All placeholders are in correctly.

May 21, 2020
Double check that the front panel connectors are connected correctly.

I believe they're trying to get it to just boot, and it won't even show the diagnostic lights (correct me if I'm wrong OP). That mobo(mother board) has RGB that turns on if the machine is powered.

Yes, all components are brand new.

All power connectors are correctly connected. I attempted with minimum components connected to make sure it was not one of them messing it up.

All placeholders are in correctly.

This makes me assume they tried it without the front pannel connected and it still doesn't boot (it shouldn't need the front panel connected to turn on and post). I'm (again, assuming here, correct me if I'm wrong OP) thinking minimum would refer to mobo, PSU, CPU and RAM. Have you tried without RAM? If the RAM is shorting out the PSU (pretty rare), then it should give some type of diagnostic beep (likely a long beep to signify it can't find RAM) or show in the LEDs if it passed or not (check mobo manual for that). It could be that something is DOA, but it's more likely the RAM or CPU if you've had both the mobo and PSU replaced.

If components are in properly and you have older ram I'd suggest swapping the ram. See if it posts with an older stick. Just do ensure it wasn't DOA.

This is a good idea IF you have access to another stick of DDR4 ram. If you don't, taking out the stick should also suffice (as if all the other components are in properly it should, as I mentioned earlier, give some type of message back). One thing you could try is testing it outside of the case to make sure it's not getting shorted somehow (even though the standoffs, if installed correctly should prevent this). To do this, just remove it from the case and put it on something non-conductive, such as the box the mobo came in and see if it can post with the bear essentials (PSU, CPU and RAM installed to mobo).

My best guess is the CPU. It's not impossible for you to have gotten both the mobo and PSU DOA twice, just more likely it's the CPU if you've tried swapping out both. A dead CPU would likely prevent the entire system from turning on, while the RAM would still give some type of message (audible or visual from the diagnostic leds, or POST leds how OP put it)