[SOLVED] PC Wont Post

Aug 12, 2020
For about 2 months my brothers pc has been working fine. Now it wont even post. When the issue first happened we left it for 10 minutes then it would boot normally. After about an hour he said the screen froze so I tried rebooting and we are back to the same problem of the pc no posting at all.

I've tried nearly everything except re seating the cpu since it surely couldn't be an issue with the pins when its been working for a significant time.

During boot up the cpu debug light comes on for about 5 seconds then switches off. Everything else seems fine. Fans are spinning, gpu is fine.

One thing I did find odd was when booting, the mouse was receiving power but the keyboard was not.

Here is the parts list:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kfsPTC

Solution
For about 2 months my brothers pc has been working fine. Now it wont even post. When the issue first happened we left it for 10 minutes then it would boot normally. After about an hour he said the screen froze so I tried rebooting and we are back to the same problem of the pc no posting at all.

I've tried nearly everything except re seating the cpu since it surely couldn't be an issue with the pins when its been working for a significant time.

During boot up the cpu debug light comes on for about 5 seconds then switches off. Everything else seems fine. Fans are spinning, gpu is fine.

One thing I did find odd was when booting, the mouse was receiving power but the keyboard was not.

Here is the parts list...

Here is the parts list:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kfsPTC
I would blame PSU first, it is at an edge power wise for that system.

Solution