[SOLVED] PC wont POST?

Aug 26, 2020
Hi, i recently bought
  • ga a320m s2h mobo
  • ryzen 5 2600x
  • rx 5600 xt gpu
Put it all togeather in my old case with the same ram and psu everything worked. I decided to buy a new case and new psu (ace power 650w) and two new ram sticks(corsair vengance 2666mhz 2x4gb)
I put everything togeather and it doesnt POST. Could it be that my mobo or cpu is dead? All wires are checked like 20 times

Sorry of the post is not so great, my 1st time posting anything in forums.

Solution
The problem is that essential connections are missing
modern systems like yours need these connections
I doubt that even 650W will get out of this crappy thing.
This PSU even in 2015 was outdated. It can power an office PC only using an integrated GPU, from this time, but nothing more.

Don´t buy things from that shop again, they framed you.

this PSU is a really cheap one, if you wanna be safe and not burn down your house or destroy your hardware,
get a good PSU with at least 5 years of warranty, gold rated and ATX standard 2.4
of course it should have at least a 8pin EPS/ATX12V plug and a PCIe 6+2pin plug

converters/adapters can damage your hardware over time or burn down your house as well, as the PSU is not designed to power more...
Aug 26, 2020
Did you connect the monitor to the GPU and not the motherboard?

reset the BIOS by jumper

all power cables connected? PCIe/GPU, ATX12V/EPS 8pin power, ATX 24 pin main power

use only one RAM (try both slots)
I connected on both mobo and gpu

Reseting bios by jumper you mean taking out the battery?

I have 4 pin cpu power cable plugged in 8pin and 6pin gpu in 8pin do you think thats a problem?

I tried 1 slot and 2 slot ram

I connected on both mobo and gpu

Reseting bios by jumper you mean taking out the battery?

I have 4 pin cpu power cable plugged in 8pin and 6pin gpu in 8pin do you think thats a problem?

I tried 1 slot and 2 slot ram

The reason why your system won't post is simple. That PSU is on a 7 years old model that doesn't have what it needs to power your system.

Your board requires that 8 pin CPU power connector and your GPU requires all power connectors to be connected.

Your PSU has :
  • 1x PCIe Connectors (6-Pin)
  • 4-Pin CPU Power Connector
You need a more recent model that has what you need. Most PSU now come with 1 or 2 CPU 4+4 pin connection and 2 PCIe 6+2 pin connection.

Aug 26, 2020
The reason why your system won't post is simple. That PSU is on a 7 years old model that doesn't have what it needs to power your system.

Your board requires that 8 pin CPU power connector and your GPU requires all power connectors to be connected.

Your PSU has :
  • 1x PCIe Connectors (6-Pin)
  • 4-Pin CPU Power Connector
You need a more recent model that has what you need. Most PSU now come with 1 or 2 CPU 4+4 pin connection and 2 PCIe 6+2 pin connection.
Ohh wow i didn't know that, just went in a store and bought a brand new psu, why would they sell a brand new psu thats really outdated..

What about a 4pin to 8pin extension cable? Could that work?

I went in a local PC shop they said it doesnt matter if its 4 pin or 8 pin just dont overclock it.

Ohh wow i didn't know that, just went in a store and bought a brand new psu, why would they sell a brand new psu thats really outdated..

What about a 4pin to 8pin extension cable? Could that work?

I went in a local PC shop they said it doesnt matter if its 4 pin or 8 pin just dont overclock it.

The PC shop isn't wrong on the fact that you can plug 4 pin in a 8 pin CPU power connector but saying it will work is another story. It can work or the board can refuse to boot.

As for the GPU it needs all connectors to be connected.

The PSU you bought just isn't made for a system like yours.

What is the new one you bought?

Aug 26, 2020
The PC shop isn't wrong on the fact that you can plug 4 pin in a 8 pin CPU power connector but saying it will work is another story. It can work or the board can refuse to boot.

As for the GPU it needs all connectors to be connected.

The PSU you bought just isn't made for a system like yours.

What is the new one you bought?
But if i use a 6pin to 8pin converter should it be able to power the gpu?

Ace A650BR is the psu i bought
I kind of checked if it is compatible and it was, but maybe i overlooked something

And i read that it has 6+2pin but it surely is only 6pin pci-e

But if i use a 6pin to 8pin converter should it be able to power the gpu?

Ace A650BR is the psu i bought
I kind of checked if it is compatible and it was, but maybe i overlooked something

And i read that it has 6+2pin but it surely is only 6pin pci-e

Take the PSU back if you can and exchange for a quality unit, that's a really poor model.

And no, a 6 pin to 8 pin converter is not a good idea. You can't just create more electricity, you need to buy a power supply with the correct connections already.

Aug 26, 2020
Take the PSU back if you can and exchange for a quality unit, that's a really poor model.

And no, a 6 pin to 8 pin converter is not a good idea. You can't just create more electricity, you need to buy a power supply with the correct connections already.
Thanks will do that, but i wonder where does the electricity goes.. Had a 500w worked fine, now 650w cant power my system.

This PSU even in 2015 was outdated. It can power an office PC only using an integrated GPU, from this time, but nothing more.

this PSU is a really cheap one, if you wanna be safe and not burn down your house or destroy your hardware,
get a good PSU with at least 5 years of warranty, gold rated and ATX standard 2.4

converters/adapters can damage your hardware over time or burn down your house as well, as the PSU is not designed to power more than it can be connected to natively

Your system will run with a high quality unit only rated @350Watt. But to have a little headroom at least 500Watt would be fine.

Solution
Aug 26, 2020

converters/adapters can damage your hardware over time or burn down your house as well, as the PSU is not designed to power more than it can be connected to natively

Your system will run with a high quality unit only rated @350Watt. But to have a little headroom at least 500Watt would be fine.
Thanks for the help, i will try to borrow a PSU from my friend and see if it fixes the issue.
Will do an update whenever i get the PSU