Question Pc wont power on after case swap

Uralpatlar

Commendable
Dec 25, 2019
last week i bought i a new case and i swapped everything and my pc turned on normally, but my led controller of my case didint work so i shut down the pc and i swapped the front pannel connector but after doing that my pc won't turn on anymore. the front pabel connectors are in the proper pins and the pc only lights on and the fans start spinning when i put the 24 pin connector half in and wiggle it a little

specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
trident z 3200mhz
gtx 1070
asrock x470 gaming k4
corsair cx850

pls help me i will really apreciate it

i swapped the front panel connector
what do you mean by "swapped"?
if you aren't using the new case's front panel connectors then it's power, reset, and other front I/O buttons will not work.
when i put the 24 pin connector half in and wiggle it a little
if the motherboard's 24pin PSU connection isn't working properly then the board will not receive it's needed power to run.

Uralpatlar

Commendable
Dec 25, 2019
what do you mean by "swapped"?
if you aren't using the new case's front panel connectors then it's power, reset, and other front I/O buttons will not work.

if the motherboard's 24pin PSU connection isn't working properly then the board will not receive it's needed power to run.
with swapped i mean first i put the front pannel connectors wrong and i fixed that but it will not power on, if i wiggle the 24 pin and put it half in the fans will spin and the pc will light on but if i secure the 24pin it wont power on. and if i wiggle it the pc will power on without the need to click the power button

with swapped i mean first i put the front pannel connectors wrong and i fixed that but it will not power on,
A good chance this have damaged motherboard. Depends on what connections were wrong.
pc only lights on and the fans start spinning when i put the 24 pin connector half in and wiggle it a little
This could suggest physical damage to 24 pin PSU cable. If it is very tight and you had to use force to remove it you could damage it.
if i wiggle it the pc will power on without the need to click the power button
Will it go to Windows or just powers on but without POSTing?

General tip here would be to disconnect all front panel cables, insert 24 pin cable correctly and try to start the PC by shorting start pins. If it works then new case is the problem. If it does not work then you most likely damaged mobo.

Uralpatlar

Commendable
Dec 25, 2019
A good chance this have damaged motherboard. Depends on what connections were wrong.

This could suggest physical damage to 24 pin PSU cable. If it is very tight and you had to use force to remove it you could damage it.

Will it go to Windows or just powers on but without POSTing?

General tip here would be to disconnect all front panel cables, insert 24 pin cable correctly and try to start the PC by shorting start pins. If it works then new case is the problem. If it does not work then you most likely damaged mobo.
i realy dont know if it will go in windows because i really need to hold it in a specific angle to let it power on, i tried disconnecting all front panel connectors but that didn't work.