PC won't power on!!! Emergency Help!!!

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
Hi, I just finished putting together a new build.

I used this Mobo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138041

I have plugged in everthing.

But I think somehow I might have plugged in the front bottons/led wrong?

I have put everything like the manual said, but it wont turn on.
The only thing I see is that the Power LED, is always on, but the pc wont turn on itself.
Anyone know where I could have made a mistake?

eckre

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
After you've troubleshooted the other normal stuff ( make sure it's grounded, the PSU workes, etc)

-Take off the "POWER SW" cables and then touch the two pins with a screwdriver or something metal, and see if it powers on then.

Or if that doesn't work...

- take out the ram, try to turn on using same method above

Or if that doesn't work...

take MB out of case and try it again (grounding problem)

then come back and report. I bet once you try to turn it on with a screwdriver, it'll remember that it works and you'll be good once you put it back on.

Hi, I just finished putting together a new build.

I used this Mobo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138041

I have plugged in everthing.

But I think somehow I might have plugged in the front bottons/led wrong?

I have put everything like the manual said, but it wont turn on.
The only thing I see is that the Power LED, is always on, but the pc wont turn on itself.
Anyone know where I could have made a mistake?

When you say you've plugged in everything, you still may have missed something and you think it's all good. List what you have plugged in and make a checklist so we can help, like this:

4-pin CPU power plugged in
24-pin main power plugged in
PSU plugged into outlet
PSU back switch is on "-" (closed circuit = on)
PSU back is on "115" NOT "230"
etc. etc. etc.

That way, we know what you've tried and are certain that everything is truly good to go.

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
ok i found the problem

I had the 24 pin power from the PSU to the mobo plugged in, AND I had also plugged in the addition 4 pin power from PSU to mobo.

What I did was remove 4pin (from the 24 pin) and left it like 20pin + 4 pin.

So I guess I cant have both of the 4 pins plugged in at same time.

thanks for help anyways guys.

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
umm Ladic how does that motherboard work.. i've been looking at that board and was thinking of getting it .. .. does it seem sturdy anything wrong with it?.. the LAN work ok?.. any thing else i should know.. thanks

gonna hit a Socket AM2 athlon64 3800+ on it
1gb DDR2 800
7300gt..

but yeah just wanted to get some of your feedback before i make the purchase

thaankss

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
everthing works great, just dont connect both 4 pin plugs.

connect the 20 pin power plug, and the connect and 4 pin power plug thats all the way up top of the mobo.

That's a really weird problem you have. By all accounts, you should have both 4-pin (CPU power) and the 20+4 pin (main power) connected at the same time. I think the +4 connector on the 20+4 is used to give extra power to the PCIe graphics card... but I may be wrong. I do know that if you have a 20-pin power supply that you can do without the +4 pin in most cases.

Is it possible to test your power supply on another motherboard or try a different power supply on the BIOSTAR board you already have?

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
I have used this psu on a different mobo before, but it was an old socket A 20 pin power and worked great.

Right now, it seems evertying is working fine with the 20 pin and theother 4 pin plugged in.

Very weird that it would not work with both 4 pins plugged in.