PC Won't Power On, Is My Motherboard Toast?

mistermitra

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
My PC won't boot at all. No lights on the motherboard (or anywhere), no POST, zero signs of life. I've tested that the power supply works with the paper clip test. I've tried the tips on the sticky with removing the various components but still zero signs of life.

The PC was working fine until I plugged in a flash drive one day and it crashed hard - completely powered off. When I powered it back on it would show the motherboard splash screen (don't think it POST but it's been a while ago) and then would turn off again. I turned off the power supply, unplugged it, and plugged it back in but it wouldn't turn back on again - the state it's in now.

Is there any hope for my or is my motherboard just toast?

CPU- Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
Ram- 4x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Powersupply- CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX
GPU- EVGA GeForce GTX 760

mistermitra

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

CPU- Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
Ram- 4x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Powersupply- CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX
GPU- EVGA GeForce GTX 760

mistermitra

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Hmmm the USB port does appear damaged. It's on the front of the case. Would that really prevent my computer from powering on? And yeah I tried replacing the power supply, no difference sadly.

mistermitra

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Woooooooow! It fixed it! No way...

I'm so happy but wow I never would have believed that's all I needed to do to fix it... wow computer sitting there for months thinking it was toast just had to unplug the front usbs from the motherboard. The flurry of emotions I'm feeling right! Thanks so much I was just about to give up on it.