Question Pc wont power up

Sep 20, 2019
Can anyone help me out, So i was replacing a psu with one that was given to me. I plugged in the cpu cable and the 24pin cable, to make sure that the psu work and everything in the computer came on such as cpu fan GPUs fan and light on the mobo. So i was like cool it works so i went through the process of getting everything put in and cable managed well when i was ready to fire it up i hit the power button and have nothing ? Anyone have any suggestions?

Can anyone help me out, So i was replacing a psu with one that was given to me. I plugged in the cpu cable and the 24pin cable, to make sure that the psu work and everything in the computer came on such as cpu fan GPUs fan and light on the mobo. So i was like cool it works so i went through the process of getting everything put in and cable managed well when i was ready to fire it up i hit the power button and have nothing ? Anyone have any suggestions?

Won't power up or won't POST?

You're absolutely positive you're only using the power cables from the new PSU and none from the old PSU?

I've seen a few times where someone has a SATA power AIO cooler and the SATA cable is routed behind the motherboard and they just plug it into a different PSU not thinking anything about it. Even my own lab guys have done this from time to time.