[SOLVED] PC wont receive enough power when i first press the power button. Second try it powers on 100% of the time. Need help.

Jan 11, 2021
As per the title. Some additional info. This started happening, after receiving some errors from Radeon Software. Tried upping my R7 370's Memory clock 100MHz and upping Power Control by 20%. After some gaming and whatnot, i received a hanged interface, hard restarted my pc and WattMan informed me of reverting my changes. After that i can play games fine, with seemingly no problem whatsoever. It is just that my PC wont power on first try. What i want to know is if something became damaged, so i can get the replacement. Any help is appreciated.

GPU: MSI AMD RADEON R7 370 Gaming 2GB (OC)
CPU: AMD FX 6350 (Wraith Cooler) (not using stock fan, but a CoolerMaster)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2 sticks) GDDR3
PSU: Corsair Bronze 500W
HDD: Western Digital 1TB
Case: XPREDATOR X1

Device name DESKTOP-4B29GJK
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 1469369B-4AD4-4EC7-A77A-E6F0AE9D6891
Product ID 00330-80199-72505-AA199
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎10/‎01/‎2021
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Last edited:
Solution
Mmmm. So you tried doing some overclocking (very minimal too it seems at only 100mhz on memory) and 20% power isn't insane or anything.

But your PC froze basically and you rebooted, now it has to be booted, turned off and booted again to properly boot right?
Could be a BIOS issue.
Try doing a CMOS reset.

Otherwise, it's possible you have an issue with the graphics card itself after doing that overclock.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Mmmm. So you tried doing some overclocking (very minimal too it seems at only 100mhz on memory) and 20% power isn't insane or anything.

But your PC froze basically and you rebooted, now it has to be booted, turned off and booted again to properly boot right?
Could be a BIOS issue.
Try doing a CMOS reset.

Otherwise, it's possible you have an issue with the graphics card itself after doing that overclock.

Reactions: Gomorz23
Solution
Jan 11, 2021

No. That is not what is happening. What happens is that if i turn it off and i go to turn it on again, it wont receive power with first press of the Power Button. CPU, mobo and Gpu light up for a second then just nothing happens. If at that time press the Power Button again, power comes through normally, pc boots and everything is as it was. No issues whatsoever. BIOS has been flashed and as far as i can tell it was succesful and working properly. Not really sure about CMOS reset.

My Mobo is : Gigabyte 970 Gaming.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021
Touched the 2 Pins that said CLR CMOS on the mobo using a screwdriver and following grounding protocol, i succesfully cleared cmos. PC managed to power on first try. For now solved, will update tomorrow after i turn my pc on again. Thank you for your input in this hour of need.