Pc won't recognise or power input devices

Hi all,

So I built up a really old pc of mine out of 2 previous pc's.

Everything is working fine and dandy, except for one small...tiny problem.

There is no power to any input devices, not the front USB not the rear USB not the PS2 ports. Heck not even the separate PCI USB card.

I am unsure what the problem is. When I start the pc, the case's 2 front lights (eye LED's) light up. It has not done that for ages so I definitely know how to plug a pc in. However it gives me the following info: I'd love to send this picture to you guys but I can only take a photo on that pc on my mobile phone so will have to suffice with describing the info:

Energy* screen:

GA-K8N-SLi F2

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3.2Ghz
<CPUID:00010FF) Patch ID:0041>
Memory Testing : 524288k OK
Memory information : SIngle Channel, 64-bit

CPU clock freq 200 Mhz

IDE Channel 0 Master : None
IDE Channel 0 Slave : LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S GS03
IDE Channel 1 Master : ST396013qa 8.01
IDE Channel 1 Slave : None

CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded

<F1>to continue, <DEL>: BIOS Setup

Now I would love to press Del, F1 or even F1 and then on the next screen F9 however I can't press a damn thing since the led's on my input devices / numlock, capslock, scrolllock on the keyboard won't light up nor will any of them even register if I tap a button.

Guys I need your help.

Micky unfortunately I can't do anything with the pc as without me being able to press F1 can't enter windows to check that. Also I would not be able to enter device manager without a keyboard/ mouse so that is impossible to check

Currently using 2 kb's at the same time one is PS2 and the other USB neither work on this pc yet they work on other pc's. Only using 1 USB mouse however it works trust me the input devices work. I wish I had an adaptor that fixed this. I have tried using a PS2 to USB adaptor for the mouse also ...nothing

There is no power to any input devices, not the front USB not the rear USB not the PS2 ports. Heck not even the separate PCI USB card.

Nope, if you check my original post I stated that I have tried the front USB, Rear as well as the PS2 ports. To my surprise none of them are working. I have never experienced this. Not to be rude but please read my original posts before commenting all of your replies except the second one could've been avoided if you had just done that.

that's ok you are not being rude , i should have read your post more thoroughly , my apologies ,
this is an interesting one , i have never come across this issue before .
Have you tried clearing the CMOS ?
power down , remove the bios battery in the motherboard for 15 secs or so then put it back in , this will reset the bios back to factory defaults,
i am not sure if this will fix your problem , but at this point it may be worth a try

Hmm that sounds like a great idea, I have never done this before so will watch a Youtube video on it and come back to you. Unfortunately it's lunchtime now so I will get back to you in say 90 minutes as I have a meeting after lunch. PC is here at work since I will be using it for work purposes in my office. Thanks for the suggestion man, seems out of the box.

So I took the battery out before lunch, put it back in just now that Press F1 to continue message is still there. Not sure if I need to press something underneath the battery casing to reset the BIOS but it seems to me it has not reset at all =(

I just replaced the battery because I did some google research of my own just now and came across a suggestion stating that the battery is most probably dead. Problem is the replacement battery does exactly the same CMOS checksum error ...

Whoever selected solve please do not troll the issue is not resolved yet.

I wish it was working as well. I will check for rust but doubt it it has been in a dry zone for a long time. I replaced the PSU and re-replaced it with the old one then I took them out again lost my patience with the one who kept on making a weird fan lize BZZZ sound now it is making a sonic tweet sound after I hit it. (note this was weeks ago).

I would never use violence on anything new but an old machine giving me crap... god have mercy on.

Micky I believe they were all working. But I sent them in to a shop they unplugged everything so they could've made something blow without my knowledge. I just think it's strange that even the PCI cards are not working don't you? The GPU is working so why isn't the PCI card.

plaintuts

Admirable

reading the problem often helps to solve it.

since the computer was put on storage, this also brings in to question the current state of the motherboard.

yes the board is working, but can you please check if the solder to the ports on the mobo is still ok.

I believe you could be right Christiaan Lourens they must have blown something and yes even if they did i do as you do , i find it very strange indeed that even the PCI card and PS2 ports are non functional aswell
I would take it back to these guys and ask them if they had it working before you got it back and if they say yes ask them to explain the usb from the motherboards i/o not working , the front panel usb hooked to the motherboards usb not working , the ps2 port not working and the pci slot
none of it makes any sense , i understand your frustration but don't take to it with a hammer just yet

The guy at the shop had to fix 2 pc's he didn't fix either of them (by fix I mean all he had to do was replug everything in) I had a friend who needed a specific cable and we unplugged most of the cables on the mobo only to discover the cable we were trying to get out was part of the PSU. Can't remember if the input devices worked but he got the pc going into windows once but on a completely different HDD (he formatted 2TB of my data on a drive he wasn't suppose to) I doubt there is anything wrong with the board it's possible but at this point I think it's something simple that's making it impossible I don't think it's a hard problem at all just so basic and simple we're all looking past it. :)

Will ask other people I don't trust this guy with a pc after what he did to my HDD.

understandable , i wouldn't go back either , just checked my email too and see what you meant by someone picking the solution , thankyou for removing that , obviously it was not me i cannot pick myself as best solution.
i wish i could help you further but without physically being there there is not a great deal more i can do.
I hope it all goes well for you in the end , all the best

Not a problem Micky I appreciate all the feedback thus far, will try and get some progress tonight (just opened the PSU earthed it's casing, screwed it tight ect. noise is gone now (I knew I didn't hit it that hard :p)) I will leave it on all night so the BIOS battery charges and if that fixes it you did solve my problem :)

Will also think of something else in the mean time and get back to both of you.For now I think letting the thing run from being off for so long might be the best bet. Not even sure if it'll do anything but hey it's worth a shot right?

somehow i think it is more serious then just clearing the CMOS , and charging your battery will make no difference , perhaps check all the power connectors to your motherboard , but i doubt that is the problem either , i wish you luck , i gotta get some shuteye , let me know how you get on