[SOLVED] PC won't recognize a specific Wi-Fi connection

songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Router: D-Link DSL-G2562DG
USB Adapter: D-Link DWA 131

So my router is working perfectly (2.4GHz and 5GHz). All laptops/smartphones/smart devices connected and no problems.
My adapter is also working perfectly, it recognizes and connects to other networks. I'm currently connected to my phone's hotspot.

They just won't work together. Distance is not an issue as they're next to one another. I can connect to any other network except the specific router. It used to work fine previously but now it doesn't even show up in the connection list.

Anybody have any idea where I can start with this?

Solution
Check to see if your router is on a non-standard channel (greater than 11) for 2.4Ghz. That adapter is 2.4Ghz ONLY. Set your router to channel 1, 6, 11. See if that changes anything. The adapter may not allow some channels that you may be able to select based on your localization.

kanewolf

Titan
Check to see if your router is on a non-standard channel (greater than 11) for 2.4Ghz. That adapter is 2.4Ghz ONLY. Set your router to channel 1, 6, 11. See if that changes anything. The adapter may not allow some channels that you may be able to select based on your localization.

Reactions: songoku619
Solution

songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hey thanks so much it worked! It was on channel 12. Unfortunately my stupid fibre provider is now having an outage xD. Someone really doesn't want me to use the fibre :p