PC wont recognize ANY disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Alright, my dad's computer stopped recognizing his DVD drive so I thought maybe it was just a bad drive and swapped it out with one of mine. It still wont recognize any cd drive whatsoever. You can go into device manager and its there with an exclamation point next to it. Cant someone please help me.

Solution

If it shows in device manager with an exclamation point, it means that the device is not working properly. Try removing or uninstalling the device and then reboot, letting Windows try to reinstall the device driver on reboot.

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009

If it shows in device manager with an exclamation point, it means that the device is not working properly. Try removing or uninstalling the device and then reboot, letting Windows try to reinstall the device driver on reboot.

Solution

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Alright guys I fixed it. It appears that when I installed Roxio, it messed with my anti-virus and caused the computer not to read anything in the drives. I downloaded a fix from microsoft and everything works fine now. Thanks for the responses.

bunting

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
:pt1cable:

Hello bige420! I'm having the same problem! Would you please tell me what you downloaded from Microsoft that fixed it? This is driving me insane!
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.