PC won't recognize hard-drive until I use boot CD/DVD. HELP?!

killa4lyfe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hi guys,

So I am in a bit of a pickle. Yesterday, I finally upgraded my case to an A90 Thermaltake, and for the most part, everything went swimmingly. However, when I turned on the computer, my computer would not go past the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" part. Instead, after waiting for 3-4 minutes, it would state "Boot from CD/DVD". After making sure all the cables were in the right location, making sure BIOS had HDD as my boot device, and manually selecting to use the HDD (F12), it still would not boot.

However, when I put in my Windows 7 DVD into the drive, it worked. I don't press any button, but it loads windows anyways. I want to know what the problem is and ANY help would be appreciated. :(

Thanks

killa4lyfe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Okay. I went in to windows repair and it didn't recognize my os. (which it did the last time) but anywho I continued and did Scan os in cmd prompt and. It saw I had windows installed. How odd. Anywho, continuing from there I went to start up repair and it repaired SOMETHING or atleast attempted to. Didn't work however :(

killa4lyfe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Okay so some more info. I have two drives and one of them is on IDE, while the other is on Sata. The IDE drive has nothing on it and for some reason when I have it connected it takes a lot longer for my computer to recognize it's IDE drives. BUT, I plugged it back in and put my windows 7 cd in. Now it asks me to press a button if I want to boot from the cd and if I don't press anything it allows me to boot into windows. I don't know what this means but what could possibly be the solution to this?! I'd rather not wait 10 minutes to boot my computer :(