PC won't restore to any restore point and won't reset

dmblitz477

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
My PC, hp envy 15 touchsmart, cpu performance get spykes to 100%, all attempts to restore failing, malwarebytes won't run, and when I leave the machine on, after a while I get some screen saver with the time and a woman with a red Hat and blue Blazer. I can't open screen saver setting, it I select "change screen saver" on the dialog box, the woman screen saver comes up always. What could be the problem?

Solution
Try to enter Safe Mode with networking, and run an antivirus program. Your description sounds like a adware attack that has been partially prevented from downloading, thus the 100% cpu, as the malware continues to attempt to download its other components.

Is the OS Windows 10? Do you have other anti-malware programs loaded in addition to Malwarebytes?

tucpchom

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Try to enter Safe Mode with networking, and run an antivirus program. Your description sounds like a adware attack that has been partially prevented from downloading, thus the 100% cpu, as the malware continues to attempt to download its other components.

Is the OS Windows 10? Do you have other anti-malware programs loaded in addition to Malwarebytes?

Solution

dmblitz477

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018