[SOLVED] Pc won't show bios screen, took very long to get to windows + blinking monitor power button

Feb 15, 2020
Hello, I got this problem after a recent Windows 10 update (well actually the one before the recent update) I have tried holding the power button with the power cable unplugged, and I have tried removing the cmos for a few minutes. I've found out that it will work fine if the monitor shows a no signal screen when my computer is off, and if I don't turn off the monitor It will always works just fine. But any help to "fully" fix this problem?

Solution
The display works fine on my TV, could it be my vga cable? Because I use an old monitor
So its an old monitor that's flickering...Ooh i get it well that quite obvious then :benetton:its the oldness of the screen or maybe it reached its time.Electrical Shorts on old monitors are quite common because of its usage over a long time...Happens with everyone even me...any short of screen can crash...most likely old computer screens or a screen that has been used many times before....
I might suggest trying to buy a new screen for that sweet GTX 750ti 2gb of yours:benetton:My personal favorite graphics card!!

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi there... :benetton:
Okay so what i understand is your having trouble booting into windows and having trouble booting into your bios and that the monitor is flickering while the system is OFF...or the screen flickers when the system is on???
Whats your system specs?(I need to know if your system is compatible with components and to troubleshoot where this thread might lead you)
Do you have any graphics card installed and how many ram do you have installed?

Feb 15, 2020
Hi there... :benetton:
Okay so what i understand is your having trouble booting into windows and having trouble booting into your bios and that the monitor is flickering while the system is OFF...or the screen flickers when the system is on???
Whats your system specs?(I need to know if your system is compatible with components and to troubleshoot where this thread might lead you)
Do you have any graphics card installed and how many ram do you have installed?
If the screen's power button flickers, it will show nothing when turned on and it will still flickers until it gets into Windows (which took very long and skips the bios screen)
My specs:
i3 4150
6gb ddr3 ram
GTX 750ti 2gb

Also I've disabled super fast boot when I managed to enter the bios menu

Bassplate

Reputable
:unsure::unsure:Hmmm sounds like your graphics card...
Try to take out your GPU(graphics card) and then connect your screen at the back of your motherboard then try booting up now and see if the screen still flickers...if indeed the flickering stops it can be that your GPU is faulty...if the flickering still appears with the Graphics card disabled it may be the screen itself or the screen cable(If your using HDMI cable or VGA or DVI cable)....Try using a different screen and a different screen cable to see if the flickering is gone.
If still nothing works try to reseat your RAM or place your RAM into another RAM slot...or just reseat your graphics carefully and make sure everything is perfectly connected...

Maybe replace the CMOS battery or try to reset bios and see if it helps

Feb 15, 2020
:unsure::unsure:Hmmm sounds like your graphics card...
Try to take out your GPU(graphics card) and then connect your screen at the back of your motherboard then try booting up now and see if the screen still flickers...if indeed the flickering stops it can be that your GPU is faulty...if the flickering still appears with the Graphics card disabled it may be the screen itself or the screen cable(If your using HDMI cable or VGA or DVI cable)....Try using a different screen and a different screen cable to see if the flickering is gone.
If still nothing works try to reseat your RAM or place your RAM into another RAM slot...or just reseat your graphics carefully and make sure everything is perfectly connected...

Maybe replace the CMOS battery or try to reset bios and see if it helps
Does a faulty gpu affects performance in games? If yes I don't think it's the gpu since I have no problems while playing games whatsoever, but I'll try your solutions anyway.

Bassplate

Reputable
Does a faulty gpu affects performance in games? If yes I don't think it's the gpu since I have no problems while playing games whatsoever, but I'll try your solutions anyway.
It will not affect games no but it will affect trying to boot up and will fail for bios to load or whatever...it just leads to the graphics because of the flickering and black screen and struggling to boot so i think its maybe your graphics...

Feb 15, 2020
It will not affect games no but it will affect trying to boot up and will fail for bios to load or whatever...it just leads to the graphics because of the flickering and black screen and struggling to boot so i think its maybe your graphics...
Hey, update, I've tried connecting the cable to my onboard gpu and the screen's power button still flickers. And one more info, my screen will eventually shows the no signal screen and stops flickering if I left the screen on and my PC off.

Bassplate

Reputable
Hey, update, I've tried connecting the cable to my onboard gpu and the screen's power button still flickers. And one more info, my screen will eventually shows the no signal screen and stops flickering if I left the screen on and my PC off.
hmmm strange...So does anything display on the screen itself when the Screen's power light flickers or does nothing Show up when it flickers?
Maybe use another screen or TV

Feb 15, 2020
hmmm strange...So does anything display on the screen itself when the Screen's power light flickers or does nothing Show up when it flickers?
Nope, nothing at all. This is also very strange for me because usually in this situation a BIOS reset is enough to fix the problem. I'll try using TV. I'll update after it

Feb 15, 2020
Hey another update. I've cleaned and swappen the ram, resets the bios, cleans my vga. Still doesn't work. And as I mentioned above, the light still flickers even when my PC is unplugged from the monitor.

Feb 15, 2020
Nope, nothing at all. This is also very strange for me because usually in this situation a BIOS reset is enough to fix the problem. I'll try using TV. I'll update after it
The display works fine on my TV, could it be my vga cable? Because I use an old monitor

Bassplate

Reputable
So its an old monitor that's flickering...Ooh i get it well that quite obvious then :benetton:its the oldness of the screen or maybe it reached its time.Electrical Shorts on old monitors are quite common because of its usage over a long time...Happens with everyone even me...any short of screen can crash...most likely old computer screens or a screen that has been used many times before....
I might suggest trying to buy a new screen for that sweet GTX 750ti 2gb of yours:benetton:My personal favorite graphics card!!

Reactions: Adlayy
Solution
Feb 15, 2020
I was quite relieved when the display works on my TV. thank you so much for your help, you've been very helpful

Reactions: Bassplate