Question Pc wont show display when upgrading ram(urgent)

Jan 12, 2021
so i have a h81m-e motherboard with 4 gigs of ram i want to upgrade so i bought a 8 gig stick to go with my 4 gigs i know its not the best but I will replace 4 gigs with another 8 gigs in the future so its better upgradability. ANyway both ram slots work but when i put in the new ram stick my pc turns on but doesnt show display and its not my monitors fault because when i boot with just my old ram it works. i tried booting with only the new ram that didnt work either. The ram is hyper x ddr3 1600mhz 1.5v 1x8gig i checked and it was in the recommended list for my mother board any idea why it is not working.?? one thing to note is that my bios hasnt been updated since 2015... Im not sure updating it will help but if u think it will pls advise me.

UPDATE::::
I updated the bios to the most recent one and the ram still doesnt work... Im thinking about reseting the csom or whatever but doesnt updating ur bios basically do it?
if i boot with my old ram only it turns on and works fine btw

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021
Three questions
1 have you reseated the stick?
2 is the ram stick in the same slot as the 4gb?
3 is the ram compatible with the motherboard?
  1. yes multiple time i reseated rebooted like 1000 times
  2. ive tried the ram stick with the 4gb in all arrangements and tried it alone in both slots all times did not boot.
  3. the ram stick is compatible I went to asus website and looked at their recommended ram sticks for the h81m-e and it is in the list.

D

Deleted member 14196

Insert the new ram and take out the old ram and reset your CMOS and then try to boot and tell us what happens

Last edited by a moderator: