Question Pc wont start after bios update

Dec 14, 2019
The thing is that i just bought a ryzen 5 2600x and a msi b450m gaming plus, and two vengeance lpx 8gb each one.

I got everything working but windows was crashing every 5 minutes so i looked up for the problem and some people said that i had to update the bios.

After updating the bios the pc started to get no display on monitor, so i tried to clear cmos and nothing.

Another thing i tried was to update the bios to an older one with the usb entrance that has a button that says: flash bios. Still got no display and idk what to do anymore

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (JBAT1) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen might come up telling you to press the F1 key, if so do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

You might have to do this multiple times.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019
Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen might come up telling you to press the F1 key, if so do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

You might have to do this multiple times.
didnt work. Something interesting is that the keyboard seems to get no prower from motherboard