PC won't start after error in updating video card drivers

adesternando

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Hello:

I have a windows 7 desktop, I was trying to update my intel integrated graphics card drivers, and a blue screen popped indicating that something went wrong, in the middle of the installation.

Now, my pc will not start, or at least nothing comes on screen. It wont even give me the chance to enter bios. The desktop light turns on, then dims off, then turns on again and goes off again and it keeps doing this.

I was trying to rectify a persisting issue, whereby my desktop would not turn on properly after sleep mode.

The desktop also has an external dedicated graphics card, but that one malfunctioned and I havent yet discarded it. I had been using the integrated graphics card for the past 4 months.

Any suggestions on what i might be able to do? Would greatly appreciate any assistance.

thank you all in advance

Solution
Remove your dedicated graphics card, then boot into safe mode.

What did you mean by external graphics card? Do you have it in some external thunderbolt enclosure?

stdragon

Admirable
I doubt the driver had anything to do with it - specifically because you can't even get into BIOS which is an OS independent function.

You already mentioned a video card failure. I'm thinking the problem might actually by either the PSU (Power Supply) or a motherboard issue.