My system:
MSI Z370 SLI Plus
i5 8600k @4.6GHz, 1.26v
Cryorig R1 universal
16GB (2×8) Corsair Vengeance LED 3000
Corsair RM750x
MSI Gaming X 3060ti
2x Samsung 850 250gb, 1x 860 500gm, 1x 980 1tb

The system has been upgraded gradually. Most recently GPU upgrade in the summer and additional storage last month. Overclocked since the CPU/motherboard installed in early 2018. No obvious instability, checked originally with various stress tests including 8hr runs of Realbench. Intermittently checked since for temps, never above 75c.

Today booted & shut down normally this morning, then black screen and max fans this evening. EZ debug LEDs stuck on CPU.

I have tried:
  • resetting CMOS with a screwdriver across jumpers
  • left GPU out from this point and used onboard hdmi
  • single stick of ram in each slot
  • reset CMOS by removing power and battery, pressing the button x30 and leaving power/ battery off for 5 minutes
  • repeated single ram stick in each slot

Still stuck on CPU debug.

I don't have access to an alternative motherboard or cpu for this system. Any advice on further troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
My system:
MSI Z370 SLI Plus
i5 8600k @4.6GHz, 1.26v
Cryorig R1 universal
16GB (2×8) Corsair Vengeance LED 3000
Corsair RM750x
MSI Gaming X 3060ti
2x Samsung 850 250gb, 1x 860 500gm, 1x 980 1tb

The system has been upgraded gradually. Most recently GPU upgrade in the summer and additional storage last month. Overclocked since the CPU/motherboard installed in early 2018. No obvious instability, checked originally with various stress tests including 8hr runs of Realbench. Intermittently checked since for temps, never above 75c.

Today booted & shut down normally this morning, then black screen and max fans this evening. EZ debug LEDs stuck on CPU.

I have tried:
  • resetting CMOS with a screwdriver across jumpers
  • left GPU out from this point and used onboard hdmi
  • single stick of ram in each slot
  • reset CMOS by removing power and battery, pressing the button x30 and leaving power/ battery off for 5 minutes
  • repeated single ram stick in each slot
Still stuck on CPU debug.

I don't have access to an alternative motherboard or cpu for this system. Any advice on further troubleshooting would be appreciated.

First what is your PSU that you currently have?
- Have you tried changing the Board battery?

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
PSU is a Corsair RM750x, bought new in the summer with the new GPU.

Just swapped the battery fo a new one, no change.

Still stuck on the CPU LED, no output.

I've noticed a number of users with RM Corsair PSU problems as I've already stated in another post,

- Corsair RM is a terrible PSU with much better and superior alternatives, possibly it will be a PSU problem.
The RM lineup uses low quality capacitors that other Corsair models do not use, the 1000W RM lineup has failures of failing the OPP and exploding, I don't know if it happens in other models below.
But there is a high chance that RM units will come up with problems or have problems after some time.

Dec 29, 2022
Thanks. It's the rmx rather than rm. The rmx series seems to be well received by reviewers. It might well still have caused the problem, nothing is 100% perfect. Any further troubleshooting advice would be welcome.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Thanks. It's the rmx rather than rm. The rmx series seems to be well received by reviewers. It might well still have caused the problem, nothing is 100% perfect. Any further troubleshooting advice would be welcome.
"Review"
Let me laugh with these reviews of opening the font box and saying it's good to know how to look what's inside.