[SOLVED] PC won't start after installing a GT 710 ?

ethan hunt

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2013
Hey Guys,
My PC wont start after I attach GT 710 to the motherboard. The CPU Fan wont even spin let alone Bios and all.
I have a Gigabyte GT 710 DDR5 , My PC is running fine without it but i just want to see HD movies on my computer as we're stuck with Lockdown in Pandemic.
anyways, so my PC is very basic and cheap. The specs are :
  1. CPU : E8400
  2. Ram : 2GB-DDR2
  3. MOBO : G41- Zebronics (Indian Brand)
  4. Windows : Win-10
  5. Storage : Kingston A400 (SSD) - 240GB
currently I'm running PC on CPU graphics but I want to see HD content for which i have a 2 yr old gt 710....
I know its an old setup but i just want to run gt710 on it..

Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
might be because the motherboard pci e lane doesn't recognize the 710 pci express lane therefor not even starting the system.

I have never heard of that motherboard, so other than that, i cannot say. They should TECHNICALLY be compatible, but if the computer refuses to even boot to the bios once you plug the 710 in, the 710 must be the cause of it.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
might be because the motherboard pci e lane doesn't recognize the 710 pci express lane therefor not even starting the system.

I have never heard of that motherboard, so other than that, i cannot say. They should TECHNICALLY be compatible, but if the computer refuses to even boot to the bios once you plug the 710 in, the 710 must be the cause of it.

Solution