PC won't start after sudden standby while gaming

Jun 18, 2018
When I was gaming my pc suddenly switched to standby mode. When this happened I tried to restart the pc, but with no success. Now my pc won't even start up. I have tested different possible problems.
---

I have tried the following:

• ■ Test if it is a PSU problem. To test this i tried the paperclip method. The result: PSU fan started
    spinning continously.
    ■ Test if it is a motherboard issue. To check this problem I replaced my motherboard. the results
    were odd. So with the motherboard I used before replacement the pc started for like 1 sec
    and then switched off.
    With the new motherboard however, the pc turns on(all fans start spinning and hard drive spins) but it won't display anything on the monitor,
    so a black screen. I also can't power off the pc using the power button(but i can turn it on with
    power button).
    ■ Test if it was a cpu related issue. To check this, I replaced my cpu with an old AM3 CPU(in the
    new, replaced motherboard). I got the same results mentioned above. Bc of the result I don't
    think it's a cpu related issue

The parts I used for replacing were spare parts I had laying around, so I didn't buy new ones.

Spec list with and without replacements:

• PSU Coolermaster GX-450W Bronze
    CPU AMD fx-6350
    GPU Asus Geforce GTX1050Ti Ceberus
    MOBO MSI 970A sli krait edition
    RAM Kingston HyperX 4 GB 1600mhz 2x
    HDD WD 500GB 7200rpm
    SSD Intel 50 GB
    FANS 3 NZXT case fans
    CASE Sharkoon VS4-W
(replacement parts):

• CPU AMD Athlon X4 630
    MOBO AsRock 970 Extreme 3
    All the remaining parts are the same as above

---

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I am thinking about buying a new PSU and see if that solves the problem, since it is the only part I haven't replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 18, 2018

Yes, when I turn on my pc all fans start spinning, but I nothing displays on monitor. This is after I replaced the motherboard with the AsRock 970 Extreme 3. Before, the fans only turned on for 1 sec and pc shut down(MSI 970A).

thank you for your reply!