Pc won't start and no beeps

moshingbonzo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2016
I have had my current PC for just over a year now after building it last September. In that time I have had to replace a broken motherboard due to a fault not allowing it to boot at all. Recently however i have encountered a new issue where the computer powers up yet gets no further. Upon powering up the fans start working and the hard drive can be heard working however it just stops there. There are no beeps coming from the system either to inform me about the error. After this happened I came hear looking for answers and other threads suggested the ram was faulty or not connected however after making sure the ram was in properly i replaced it and this didn't solve the problem. I am unsure what to do next but know it probably isn't the motherboard as it has recently been replaced and isn't the RAM as i have replaced that too.Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

System
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (3.60GHz Socket 1150 8MB L3)
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series (2x8GB 2400MHz DDR3)
Old RAM: Crucial Sport BLS8G3D1609DS1S00CEU 8GB DDR3 x2
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W Bronze power supply
HDD: Seagate SSHD 2TB 3.5" SATA Solid State Hybrid Drive

Thanks again for any assistance

moshingbonzo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2016

Hi alexoiu i have tried starting the PC without any RAM in already and their was no change. I did however find that taking the RAM out and putting them in again did allow the system to boot once. After turning it off though it refused to boot up again. I have found this happening several times, especially when i put the RAM in the 3 and 4 slots