Question PC won't start at all possibly bad PSU?

Jun 23, 2020
New build was working with no problems until this morning I tried to turn it on and nothing happend. I noticed that my PSU light was blinking green which is odd. Before this issue it was a solid green light. No blinking. It's a EVGA Supernova 650W 80Gold. The only troubleshooting I did so far is the following:

1- tried a different outlet/extention cord. Nothing.

2-reconnected the pwr/restart cables. Nothing

3-disconnected the mobo from the PSU. Turned the PSU on, the light stopped blinking! It stayed solid until I reconnected the mobo. It started blinking again. Tried to turn PC on. Nothing.

Is my PSU broken? I also noticed that there was a red light blinking from my mobo (B450 Steel Legend) but the red light disappeared during one of my troubleshooting steps. Not sure which tho. PSU manual says nothing about LED blinking. Help is appreciated.

PS: There migh've been a power outage when I was asleep. I usually leave the PC on sleep mode. Could that've caused it?

which exact psu model is it? EVGA Supernova 650W 80Gold G5?

select the ECO switch to off

do you use the original cables delivered with this PSU?

reset the motherboard bios by jumper

check your cabling from PSU to motherboard and other devices again
maybe just a cable is faulty

EDIT
did you alter the sleep mode in windows?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020
which exact psu model is it? EVGA Supernova 650W 80Gold G5?

select the ECO switch to off

do you use the original cables delivered with this PSU?

reset the motherboard bios by jumper

check your cabling from PSU to motherboard and other devices again
maybe just a cable is faulty

EDIT
did you alter the sleep mode in windows?

It is indeed the G5 model. I use the original cables. I have not changed anything in regards to sleep mode. But I'll do as you suggested. Check cables and reset bios by jumper. I've no experience with reseting the mobo? I assume it's a simple proccess? If that does not work then is it safe to assume that I new PSU is required?

Jun 23, 2020
Update: I took out the PSU and unplugged everthing thing replugged them in. Now the LED light is solid green and the power button on the case is lit up. But nothing happens if I press it. I haven't cleared cmos yet