[SOLVED] PC wont start even after breadboarding. Please help!

Jul 21, 2020
Hey Guys, i sent in my whole PC to check what was wrong with it after my male cat "marked" it and it didnt boot up one morning. Now the it guys told me all looks fine and they cleaned it and when i collected it from the shop they showed me it started and all was fine. I got home, set it up, it booted, all was fine. Today i wake up(1 day later). Same problem.. it wont boot. I disassembled everything and have it right now all on my table with the mobo only connected to the cpu and a stick of ram,also the psu of course. Motherboard is a asus prime z370-p and the psu is a evga supernova 550 g3. Cpu i5 8400k and the gpu 2060super.

Please help me guys i am desperate, i am grateful for any hint!

Solution
Just thinking generally about how a standard PC case is made and in my mind I can't see much of anything aside from the PSU being damaged by the spray. This is assuming a standard modern tower.
Based on that assumption, I would paper clip test the PSU and see if it comes on or not.

If you aren't comfortable working with it I would imagine that the shop you took it to (should) show some lenience as far as pricing for a service fee you just paid 24hr prior.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Just thinking generally about how a standard PC case is made and in my mind I can't see much of anything aside from the PSU being damaged by the spray. This is assuming a standard modern tower.
Based on that assumption, I would paper clip test the PSU and see if it comes on or not.

If you aren't comfortable working with it I would imagine that the shop you took it to (should) show some lenience as far as pricing for a service fee you just paid 24hr prior.

Solution
Jul 21, 2020
The it guy did nothing besides. The tower isnbadically build with the power supply on the bottom and the graphics in the mid, cpu above that next to it ram. The side of the pc wasnt covered and the gpu got a hit for sure as it smelled like cat piss. But as it was working after i took it from the shop (playing etc) i am sure the gpu is fine. Is it possible the power supply is running fine, then dies, then runs fine again and then finally dies? The fact that it worked for 1 day after i took it back confuses me the most. Thanks for the answer!