Question Pc wont start if shut down for few hours

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
1. Hi I don't know I'm having some weird problem I'm not able to start my PC if I shut down over night. I checked and changed power cable and Mobo battery too its fine.

2. Only change I made to system is I have replaced the stock intel cooler with 400 gymanaxx. But this was done last month, this problem is coming since this month.

3. when the PC is on and I restart by clicking on restart option it's able to restart. Only if I switch it off completely overnight it does not start. But external hdd has power, if connected to usb port due to ErP mode.

4. Only way to start the PC is to remove the the motherboard battery and install a new one and instantly the PC starts now I have used two different brands of battery Panasonic and energizer and I've also checked the battery I get three volts but I don't know why I remove and then put the same battery again it does not start I always have to put a new battery.
I replaced at least five batteries and if I try to start the system without the battery it won't start.

5. Once the battery is removed and new batteries installed in the motherboard the BIOS gets reset to factory default again the same issue if pc remains closed in night.

In bios only change I made is to leave intel graphic card disabled, that's only change I do from my side, other than that it's all default.

Win 7, pro
Mobo: Gigabyte 85MD3H
Graphic card 1650 super
Psu: Seasonic 520 bronze plus.
Ram: 16gb, Kingston hyperfury.

Only internal SSD connected no other device

Last edited: