[SOLVED] Pc wont start (motherboard ?)

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys so my pc crashed shut down while i was playing a game and now he wont start at all no fans spinning no nothing there is only a LED light on my motherboard when i connect my psu

My specs:
Asus prime b250m-a
Intel core i7-7700k
Rtx 3060 ti dual oc 8gb
Cosair vengeance 2×8 16gb 3000mhz
Seasonic focus gm-850w 80 plus gold

Now did my motherboard died
Because people say check your cables check you PSU
I got my GPU and PSU yesterday they ate brand new one day out of the box
Now my motherboard and my cpu are something like 4 years old if not more i think my motherboard died can you help me with that

Solution
I did all of that i unplugged the PSU cables and put them back again i unplugged the GPU and connected the cables to the motherboard i turned off the PSU switch unplugged the cable from the wall and then put it back removed my RAM one at a time tried putting only one ram tried different slots unplugged and plugged the small cables coming from the power button tried to unplug all kind off different cables and put them back nothing pc just wont start
No fans or anything right?

Remove the front power switch from the case to the motherboard and short out the power pins to turn it on.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6bQtYoeA5g

Also next test the new PSU. This is not a absolute test and...

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Did you use the new cables that came with the psu? Remove the gpu and change the monitor cable to the motherboards onboard port. See if it will start up like that.
I did use the new cables and i already tried to unplug the gpu and connect the cables to the motherboard my ram is good and my GPU and PSU are new got them yesterday the motherboard and the CPU are old i think thats the problem i also think they are too old and not very compatible to run with the new PSU and the GPU do you think it might be the motherboard after all ???
BTW thank you for the comment :)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I did use the new cables and i already tried to unplug the gpu and connect the cables to the motherboard my ram is good and my GPU and PSU are new got them yesterday the motherboard and the CPU are old i think thats the problem i also think they are too old and not very compatible to run with the new PSU and the GPU do you think it might be the motherboard after all ???
Turn off the power supply using the switch on the back then unplug it from the wall , plug it back in and turn the switch back on then try to turn the PC on.

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
If someone having trouble here is the full story
I had GTX 1060 6gb and a 600W PSU i got the rtx 3060 ti and my pc would restart it self only when gaming then i got the new PSU 850W and then everything was working good while gaming or not gaming no crashes no sudden restarts worked good for a day and a half then suddenly i started a game played for like 5min and my pc just shut down tried to start it and nothing need help

BTW im going to buy a new motherboard and a new pc hope it will fix the problem
The new parts are

MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO LGA1200, Intel B560, DDR4, 2xPCI-E, HDMI, DP

and

Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8Ghz 16MB Cache s1200 - Box, Avengers Edition

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Turn off the power supply using the switch on the back then unplug it from the wall , plug it back in and turn the switch back on then try to turn the PC on.
I did all of that i unplugged the PSU cables and put them back again i unplugged the GPU and connected the cables to the motherboard i turned off the PSU switch unplugged the cable from the wall and then put it back removed my RAM one at a time tried putting only one ram tried different slots unplugged and plugged the small cables coming from the power button tried to unplug all kind off different cables and put them back nothing pc just wont start

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Remove the front power switch from the case to the motherboard and short out the power pins to turn it on.

Also next test the new PSU. This is not a absolute test and if you have a Molex fan plug it in as the fan on that PSU should only turn on briefly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acr6u9oXOv4

If your power supply does nothing, remove the video card install your old power supply, plug your monitor into the motherboard and try to power up. ( this will take both of the new parts out of the problem)

You never listed the old power supply so not sure if I would try it with the new video card.

Report back listing your old power supply would help from this point forward if the PC booted without the video card and using the old power supply.

Solution

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016

Also next test the new PSU. This is not a absolute test and if you have a Molex fan plug it in as the fan on that PSU should only turn on briefly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acr6u9oXOv4

If your power supply does nothing, remove the video card install your old power supply, plug your monitor into the motherboard and try to power up. ( this will take both of the new parts out of the problem)

You never listed the old power supply so not sure if I would try it with the new video card.

Report back listing your old power supply would help from this point forward if the PC booted without the video card and using the old power supply.
My old power supply i dont remember the exact model but it was 600W i tried the old power supply but with my new GPU and nothing happens

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My old power supply i dont remember the exact model but it was 600W i tried the old power supply but with my new GPU and nothing happens
Do as I said above.

EDIT if it will turn on with the old PSU and the video card removed then use the old power supply with the video card added, monitor plugged into the video card again.

From their install the new power supply with the new video card removed and try the motherboard built in graphics (monitor pugged into the motherboard)

From their if it boots keep the new power supply installed and use your old video card if you had one.

Trying to fix things over the net takes 2 people to do it's a process.

Last edited:

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Do as I said above.

EDIT if it will turn on with the old PSU and the video card removed then use the old power supply with the video card added, monitor plugged into the video card again.

From their install the new power supply with the new video card removed and try the motherboard built in graphics (monitor pugged into the motherboard)

From their if it boots keep the new power supply installed and use your old video card if you had one.
Can't try all of that now but i tried for now the old psu with and without the new graphics card and i also tried that video with the screwdriver and nothing happens

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Can't try all of that now but i tried for now the old psu with and without the new graphics card and i also tried that video with the screwdriver and nothing happens
Another question i listed above the new parts i wanna buy are they good and are they compatible and also what if it just the old motherboard that causes the issue what if i will get the parts and the issue will be fixed is that a possibility ???

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Another question i listed above the new parts i wanna buy are they good and are they compatible and also what if it just the old motherboard that causes the issue what if i will get the parts and the issue will be fixed is that a possibility ???
From just what you said it does sound like a motherboard problem but most of the time they don't just fail out of the blue but it is possible.

For your parts list your going to need a good cooler for the 10700K and I would be looking at a Z 490, 590 board.

The box avengers edition is a complete waste of money.

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
From just what you said it does sound like a motherboard problem but most of the time they don't just fail out of the blue but it is possible.

For your parts list your going to need a good cooler for the 10700K and I would be looking at a Z 490, 590 board.

The box avengers edition is a complete waste of money.
Im going for these parts because this is whats available and because of my budget my cpu cooler is noctua nh-u9b and what do you mean that The box avengers edition is a complete waste of money ??

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Im going for these parts because this is whats available and because of my budget my cpu cooler is noctua nh-u9b and what do you mean that The box avengers edition is a complete waste of money ??
In the US that box cost like 70 bucks more when you don't even get the game.

Picture of the box from amazon it clearly says game not included.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61wql4bcfML._AC_.jpg

I don't think that cooler will cool the processor either.

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
In the US that box cost like 70 bucks more when you don't even get the game.

Picture of the box from amazon it clearly says game not included.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61wql4bcfML._AC_.jpg

I don't think that cooler will cool the processor either.
Another issue just now i installed the new arts pc still wont turn on i disconnected my new GPU from the new motherboard and the pc started to turn on and off by it self then i connected the GPU nothing happened disconnected the GPU again may its a faulty one tried to start the pc again without the GPU and again nothing happens

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Another issue just now i installed the new arts pc still wont turn on i disconnected my new GPU from the new motherboard and the pc started to turn on and off by it self then i connected the GPU nothing happened disconnected the GPU again may its a faulty one tried to start the pc again without the GPU and again nothing happens
Ok so now my pc would start without my new GPU and it also starts with my old 1060 GPU but when i connect my RTX 3060 ti the pc wont start how can it be its a brand new GPU ????

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Ok so now my pc would start without my new GPU and it also starts with my old 1060 GPU but when i connect my RTX 3060 ti the pc wont start how can it be its a brand new GPU ????
also i tried to start my pc with my motherboard it worked tried to connect my RTX 3060 TI to the pc while it was working the second i pluged the pci cable to the GPU my pc crashed so for now im using my old GPU the MSI 1060 6GB