[SOLVED] PC Won't Start, no fans Spin, NOTHING

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I've built 5 computers over the last few years and no problems until now :( I've just built my new Personal Gaming PC (All Parts New) but When I press the power button NOTHING happens! My motherboard doesnt have a Power LED or as far as I can tell, I will list All the Specs below, I really don't know what else to do now, my suspicion is Motherboard, I've built it and nothing worked, I stripped it and put the Motherboard on the box and the Antistatic bag connected up to the PSU and CPU and Watercooling and still nothing, no beeps or anything with speaker connected, I've tested the Power supply with the paperclip trick and that was ran the LEDs and fan, I've removed the CMOS battery and held the Power button for 20 seconds also and re-installed but no luck, BUT When everything is connected and PSU Is on when the press the "Clear CMOS" button on the motherboard then the 2 top fans twitch slightly (connected to the radiatior/cpu cooling) that is the closest ive been to any source of life! please any comments and help are greatly appreciated!!

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the Forums!

PC Parts

CASE - Thermaltake View 32 TG RGB

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU - GTX 1060 6GB Founders Edition

MOBO - MSI x470 Gaming Plus

PSU - Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750w

RAM - 2x8GB 3200hz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO

COOLING - Thermaltake Floe Riing 240 TT Premium Edition

SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2

HD WD 2TB 7200rpm

Solution
I've fixed it! Booted Perfectly!
I hope I can help anyone else with this problem! So the Case I have came with a fan controller, and turns out I had the PSU powering the Case Controller, The Watercooling Controller AND the motherboard fan connector from the Case Controller all in the same loop, all from the SAME Molex connector, sounds stupid now I think about it and when I seen it, but yeah! Don't run 2 controllers from the SAME Molex

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Sorry, I've edited the post, forgot to mention GPU.

Also I looked online and read that I only need the 8 pin connected to CPU on the motherboard, and that the other 4 pin was only for extreme overclocking? My power supply only came with 2x4 pin connectors for the CPU so do i need an extra 4 pin connector?

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I've fixed it! Booted Perfectly!
I hope I can help anyone else with this problem! So the Case I have came with a fan controller, and turns out I had the PSU powering the Case Controller, The Watercooling Controller AND the motherboard fan connector from the Case Controller all in the same loop, all from the SAME Molex connector, sounds stupid now I think about it and when I seen it, but yeah! Don't run 2 controllers from the SAME Molex

Solution

TRENDING THREADS