Pc won't start, not sure what the issue is

Nov 27, 2018
So recently I got a 1070ti. I was swapping it out with an rx 480. Everything hooked up well and went according to plan. I was a little worried about the psu as the recommended for the card was 500w, and I had a 550w. On trying to start the pc it turned on, fans ran on the case and cpu, and the gpu fans turned on for like 8 seconds before going off. This happened a few years ago when i installed the 480 and all i needed was a new psu, so I got a 750w psu and it still did the same thing. Things light up, fans turn on, and the HP logo even flashes on the screen for a second, then the screen stays blank, but doesn't turn off. I took it out then and tried my old card with the new psu. Same issue. Then I put everything the way it was before and I'm still getting the same issue. Last I took all of the cards out and plugged the HDMI into the motherboard for the integrated graphics, and it says it cannot find a boot device. So the hard drive is not being recognized. I'm not quite sure what the issue is. I thought the motherboard might be dead, but could it also be the hard drive? The last thing I can think of trying is resetting the bios by taking the cmos battery out but I'm not very hopeful that that will fix it. Anyone have any ideas or the same issue?

TRENDING THREADS