[SOLVED] PC Won't start - Red CPU Warning Light

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
SOLVED: Scroll all the way down for the solution

Greetings,

Recently i updated my bios and since then when i start my pc for the first time after many hours of the computer being off the pc won't start with a red cpu light on the warning lights my mobo has

If i shut down the pc and launch it again it will work no mater how many times i try to replicate the issue it won't happen unless i turn it off for many many hours and then again it will not launch

Basically the first boot of many hours of pc off will not work

What i recently changed was Bios update and also i tried to Flush the bios by touching a screwdriver on the Bios reset jumper pins

Contacted gigabyte but still no answers

PSU: RMx Series™ RM650x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z390 AORUS ELITE-CF

Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070

SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB

SSHD: Seagate Desktop SSHD 1TB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

RAM: G.SKILL Flare X DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB

Last edited:
Solution
Nobody tried to help me here so i will post the solution for people that might end up here with a google search for help

Gigabyte contacted me with their way of doing a FULL motherboard reset whichi is much more than just touching the jumpers im gonna post their reply here

Answer: Dear customer,

Please try a full reset of the motherboard:
Switch off power supply and wait 30 s
Remove CMOS battery.
Short-circuit the contacts in the battery holder for about 2s.
Remove short-circuit.
Reinstall CMOS battery.
Turn on the PSU switch.
Short-circuit the two pins of Clear CMOS jumper for 10 s.
Remove short-circuit.

This reset will also set all bios values to default values. and then flash...

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your BIOS update, what version were you on prior to the update and what version are you at the time of writing?

If you must flush the system of residual power/settings, you should disconnect from the wall completely and then remove the CMOS battery and then replace it after 30 minutes. You can then reconnect to the wall and then spam the DEL key to get into BIOS and set all the options for your BIOS(like X.M.P) and Fast Boot before you let the platform boot to OS GUI.

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your BIOS update, what version were you on prior to the update and what version are you at the time of writing?

If you must flush the system of residual power/settings, you should disconnect from the wall completely and then remove the CMOS battery and then replace it after 30 minutes. You can then reconnect to the wall and then spam the DEL key to get into BIOS and set all the options for your BIOS(like X.M.P) and Fast Boot before you let the platform boot to OS GUI.

Done also added them on my signature

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Nobody tried to help me here so i will post the solution for people that might end up here with a google search for help

Gigabyte contacted me with their way of doing a FULL motherboard reset whichi is much more than just touching the jumpers im gonna post their reply here

Answer: Dear customer,

Please try a full reset of the motherboard:
Switch off power supply and wait 30 s
Remove CMOS battery.
Short-circuit the contacts in the battery holder for about 2s.
Remove short-circuit.
Reinstall CMOS battery.
Turn on the PSU switch.
Short-circuit the two pins of Clear CMOS jumper for 10 s.
Remove short-circuit.

This reset will also set all bios values to default values. and then flash the BIOS with Qflash newly again.

Here is more information about Q-flash:
Download the latest BIOS from our website. Extract the file. Then copy the BIOS file into a USB flash drive (preferably formatted before with FAT32, root directory on the USB stick). Then connect the USB flash drive into the motherboard USB port. Power on your system. Just press the "End or F8" key continuously when the computer starts to boot up. The system should enter the Q-flash utility. There you can flash the BIOS. You can refer to this website for more information.
https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/121/tech_qflash.htm

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5J6H4OWg4

Regards
GIGABYTE Team

This solved the issue and the motherboard is working fine again

Solution