Question PC wont start up at all....

Jul 16, 2019
I recently upgraded my pc. my new specs are:

CPU: Ryzen7 2700
Motherbaord: tomahawk b450
GPU:1050ti
PSU:500w
RAM: 2x8gb

My pc was working completely fine for the 2 weeks after i made my upgrade. When isntalling software (aura sync) i had to restart my pc. once restarted it booted noramlly. iw as moving some cables around in my pc while it was booted(not taking any out or puting any in just moving cables to look at components. Now my pc wont boot and when i press the power button nothing happens. I checked with my old set up with the same psu and it worked fine so is not the power supply that is the issue. There is a button in the top corner of the motherboard that when i press it flashes red 3 times which i thought could shower that it is not the motherboard that is the issue as power is supplied there (although that may be the battery of the motherboard i do not know). all i know is that when i press the start button of my pc nothing happens and am looking for guidance of if i should return my new cpu,motherboard or ram.

Note: i purchased off of amazon and have requested for a replacement motherboard and refunded for the cpu but looking for a solution before having to send it as will have to wait upwards of 2 weeks :/

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the situation.

This: "There is a button in the top corner of the motherboard that when i press it flashes red 3 times".

I think you mean LED - not "button". Do you have the motherboards User Guide/Manual to specifically identify that "button"?

Look in the User Guide/Manual to learn what those 3 red flashes indicate.

My overall sense is that when you moved cables around that something got mixed up, improperly connected, or loosely connected. Or otherwise knocked loose or disconnected.

Any error messages or beep codes when you do try to boot the PC?

Jul 16, 2019
Not sure about the situation.

This: "There is a button in the top corner of the motherboard that when i press it flashes red 3 times".

I think you mean LED - not "button". Do you have the motherboards User Guide/Manual to specifically identify that "button"?

Look in the User Guide/Manual to learn what those 3 red flashes indicate.

My overall sense is that when you moved cables around that something got mixed up, improperly connected, or loosely connected. Or otherwise knocked loose or disconnected.

Any error messages or beep codes when you do try to boot the PC?
I will retry connecting all cables properly tomorrow although i do not know why i am getting this issue