[SOLVED] PC Wont Start When I Insert New GPU (GTX 1050Ti)

The_Click

Honorable
Mar 30, 2014
I was using a gt 630 2GB Gpu with my Build -
Amd FX 4300
8 GB Ram 1333 MHz
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT
500W PSU

GT 630 Is Working Flawless But when I insert My GTX 1050Ti, OC Wont Start. All Fans Work, GPU Fan Work but PC wont start. Mouse and Keyboards Do not work.

I have cleared the cmos, updated the bios , checked with CM 500W PSU. Still same.

Can someone help me with this?
This is my second GTX 1050Ti as I thought the previous card was faulty so i replaced it but now i figured, Its something else.

Can someone help me please? I have tried so many things, still no luck.

I know theres nothing with the drivers but i uninstalled the gt 630 drivers and tried too. Still no luck.
Thank You :(

Solution

You may be one of the very few that got the bad luck to receive a defective GPU, but before we pull that trigger, what is the make, and model of your PSU and how old is it? I could be old damaged wiring or possibly the PSU loosing effectiveness over the years to the point its just not outputting enough power anymore (this is seen much more frequently on cheaper PSUs).

The_Click

Honorable
Mar 30, 2014

I Checked it with Cooler Master 550W PSU.

I'm of course not ruling out that you may have a bum video card, but is your PSU modular? do you have a replacement cable you can run to the GPU? I've run into issues with old wiring before when upgrading parts. could be a loose wire in the harness or wire that isn't making proper contact.

Before removing the old video card did you manually remove any software and drivers for it? Make sure you remove all drivers for your GT 630, then remove it. Install your GTX 1050Ti and see if its working now. Could be that old drivers are interfering and at fault.

Solution