[SOLVED] Pc won't start when ram is set from 2133 to 3200

Mar 23, 2021
I brought some new ram and when I go to bios and do the docp thing and set it to 3200 and try to save and exit the pc brings up a screen saying it failled to start.
ryzen 7 1800x
RTX 3060
B-450 ROG STRIX

Solution
What is your motherboard?

There is no B-450 ROG STRIX.

Is it the B450-F ROG STRIX?

If this is your board and you're on a 2018 BIOS version there are like 10+ BIOS version after the one you have.

BIOS version add memory compatibility update.

If your board is the B450-F ROG STRIX I would recommend you update your BIOS.
https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

What is your BIOS version? Go in your BIOS and tell me the version and your motherboard model.

When you update your BIOS you have to read the BIOS description because some of them have text like this below.

"ASUS strongly...
Hi FixMyPcPls12.

I wouldn't set it at 3200MHz on a first gen Ryzen. Try 2933MHz with the DOCP profile. Leave the profile at auto on everything except the frequency that you manually set at 2933MHz.

Let me know if it sticks.

That's assuming you have 2 sticks of RAM and both sticks are in A2-B2.

What BIOS version are you using rn?

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Is the RAM your using on the motherboards approved RAM list?
Is it a 2 or 4 stick kit? Are you adding 2 sticks to an existing kit?
Are all speeds and timings the same for both kits?
What happens when you install the new kit only?
Have you updated your Bios?

Best of luck.

Mar 23, 2021
Hi FixMyPcPls12.

I wouldn't set it at 3200MHz on a first gen Ryzen. Try 2933MHz with the DOCP profile. Leave the profile at auto on everything except the frequency that you manually set at 2933MHz.

Let me know if it sticks.

That's assuming you have 2 sticks of RAM and both sticks are in A2-B2.

What BIOS version are you using rn?
I tried 2933 and the same thing happened and American Mefatrends inc 0207 6/12/2018

Mar 23, 2021

Best of luck.

Best of luck.
It's a corsair and
geil evo x 2 amd edition and yes their both the same speeds and when I install the new kit by its self it does the same thing and I have the bios update from mid 2018

What is your motherboard?

There is no B-450 ROG STRIX.

Is it the B450-F ROG STRIX?

If this is your board and you're on a 2018 BIOS version there are like 10+ BIOS version after the one you have.

BIOS version add memory compatibility update.

If your board is the B450-F ROG STRIX I would recommend you update your BIOS.
https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

What is your BIOS version? Go in your BIOS and tell me the version and your motherboard model.

When you update your BIOS you have to read the BIOS description because some of them have text like this below.

"ASUS strongly recommends installing AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS."

So you're mixing RAM? Mixing RAM might not work with the DOCP profile. RAM needs to be bought in a RAM Kit and not be mixed with different kind of RAM. It can work. It might not work. It's a guessing game when you mix RAM. I recommend you use the new RAM only by itself first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS