Pc won't start with GPU plugged in

Tyrdin

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hello there.
I've just build my first, own pc and I seem to have some issues with my Graphics card or my mainboard (that's where I suppose the problem is).

In the beginning nothing seemed to work because of a BIOS update I ordered but after a BIOS reset everything works as described now.

Right now I can only use my pc without the GPU and I don't know why.
If I try to boot my pc with the GPU, there will be no signal on the monitor or any other sign that it works.
If I plug the PSU cable out of the GPU but still leave the GPU connected to the motherboard, the pc seems to boot but then a windows error occurs and it stops there.
There are no hearable IBM BIOS beep codes or lights (just when pressing the power button to turn the pc on/off for a second)

My component list:
Intel Core i5-7600k,
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X,
MSI Z170A PC Mate,
Corsair VS 550,
G.Skill 8GB DDR 4 RAM,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo,

I welcome every help and I'd appriciate if I get answeres fast so that the chance of being able to replace a component is as high as possible.

Thank you for helping in advance. =)

Solution

That is probably your issue. You need to connect the video cord to the video card otherwise you are not even using that card and the system uses the video card as the default instead of motherboard video. Make sure you have the power cables in the video card before you turn on the computer.

That is probably your issue. You need to connect the video cord to the video card otherwise you are not even using that card and the system uses the video card as the default instead of motherboard video. Make sure you have the power cables in the video card before you turn on the computer.

Solution

Tyrdin

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017

Oh man, that is such a dumb mistake but I guess that's better than a broken component. It is now changed and working. Thank's a lot.