[SOLVED] Pc won't start with GPU plugged in ?

Hjorven

Commendable
Nov 29, 2020
Hello again (Why again You ask?I forgot my old account here)! You guys were always helpful and i lately run into strange problem. I was playing RDR2 on my PC for few hours on high settings, and suddenly pc shut down. Tried to turn it on, but nothing. After unplugging some components from the PSU i get the result, that when everything beside GPU is connected, all fans start, and shortly there are three Beeps, there is nothing on screen of course. When i try to plug the GPU (even alone, only with the MOBO cable), there is no reaction, unless i shut the power off and get it on again with the PSU power button- then for a split second the cpu fans twitch and i hear some electricity like turning a switch on, but nothing else. So my guesses were PSU, and GPU, both were bought 3 years ago, The PSU is Corsair TX550M plus gold efficiency, and the GPU is Radeon RX 470 sapphire 8GB. 2-3 months ago I installed new MOBO with Ram and a Ryzen inside if that is relevant in any way. Do You Kind Sirs have any idea if anything can be done here? tomorrow i will be able to check on with another PSU, i just hope its not the graphic card, cause the warranty ended like half year ago and its gonna be costy :( . Any response appreciated, thanks in advance, cheers !

Solution
Hello again (Why again You ask?I forgot my old account here)! You guys were always helpful and i lately run into strange problem. I was playing RDR2 on my PC for few hours on high settings, and suddenly pc shut down. Tried to turn it on, but nothing. After unplugging some components from the PSU i get the result, that when everything beside GPU is connected, all fans start, and shortly there are three Beeps, there is nothing on screen of course. When i try to plug the GPU (even alone, only with the MOBO cable), there is no reaction, unless i shut the power off and get it on again with the PSU power button- then for a split second the cpu fans twitch and i hear some electricity like turning a switch on, but nothing else. So my...
Hello again (Why again You ask?I forgot my old account here)! You guys were always helpful and i lately run into strange problem. I was playing RDR2 on my PC for few hours on high settings, and suddenly pc shut down. Tried to turn it on, but nothing. After unplugging some components from the PSU i get the result, that when everything beside GPU is connected, all fans start, and shortly there are three Beeps, there is nothing on screen of course. When i try to plug the GPU (even alone, only with the MOBO cable), there is no reaction, unless i shut the power off and get it on again with the PSU power button- then for a split second the cpu fans twitch and i hear some electricity like turning a switch on, but nothing else. So my guesses were PSU, and GPU, both were bought 3 years ago, The PSU is Corsair TX550M plus gold efficiency, and the GPU is Radeon RX 470 sapphire 8GB. 2-3 months ago I installed new MOBO with Ram and a Ryzen inside if that is relevant in any way. Do You Kind Sirs have any idea if anything can be done here? tomorrow i will be able to check on with another PSU, i just hope its not the graphic card, cause the warranty ended like half year ago and its gonna be costy :( . Any response appreciated, thanks in advance, cheers !
You could try a different PCI-e slot, and a different GPU power connector from the PSU (it's a modular PSU so there should be additional power cables provided with it, also try a different port on the PSU for GPU power).

Solution