Question Pc wont start with new ram

Dec 7, 2021
I currently have 2 x 4gb ram (corsair vengence LPX) which is working fine in my PC, i have recently bought 2 x16gb of ram of the same brand. I am wanting to replace my current ram with these, but when ever I turn off my PC remove the old ram and add the new the PC will turn on the run without connection to the monitor and then turn off, It will keep repeating this till i remove the power cord. Below are my current Processor and Motherboard.

I have used PCPartpicker to make sure they are all compatible with my build but I keep having no luck.

Anyone have any help with this issue?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS with your older kit of ram and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? As for your ram kits mind sharing a link to the two ram kits you have with you at hand?

Can you also list the rest of your specs like so:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU in the build. How are you cooling that processor?

I currently have 2 x 4gb ram (corsair vengence LPX) which is working fine in my PC, i have recently bought 2 x16gb of ram of the same brand. I am wanting to replace my current ram with these, but when ever I turn off my PC remove the old ram and add the new the PC will turn on the run without connection to the monitor and then turn off, It will keep repeating this till i remove the power cord. Below are my current Processor and Motherboard.

I have used PCPartpicker to make sure they are all compatible with my build but I keep having no luck.

Anyone have any help with this issue?

Thanks
Sometimes a bios clear is needed to get a fresh start.
If no help what happens if you just use one of the new sticks in the proper slot?

TRENDING THREADS