Question PC won't start with Sata connected a-rgb hub but will start without it being connected

May 12, 2022
Hello,

I am using a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX.

I daisychained all my 9 rgb fans before and plugged 'em into the only a-rgb header on my motherboard and it worked fine.
They're all arctic a-rgb fans and 0,4A, my motherboards a-rgb header supports up to 5A so I'm good on that (I hope).

Now my fans are connected to new acquired a-rgb hub which I only bought so I don't have the pain of cable-managing
the daisychain abomination.

If I plug all my fans into the hub and connect it to my PSU via SATA cable my PC won't turn on anymore but if I unplug the SATA cable
then it works fine.
I have the SATA power connected to my NZXT AiO pump as well so I thought maybe the pump pulls too much power
for 1 cable so I used another SATA cable on my PSU to connect it to the hub but the problem remains the same.

Also it's weird that when I turn off the PSU and turn it back on, all my rgb fans LEDs flash 1 time. They did it with the daisychain setup
as well but only the fan which was connected first (or last) in line. Even when I had my pc and PSU turned off it keeps flashing every 15 mins
or so, which scares me because how the hell does it work without power. Is that normal?

Back to the topic: Now this is not a real problem for now but I'm wondering why that is and I'm bit worried if I'm doing something wrong,
if I can fry/short something and if it's safe to keep running it like that.

Lutfij

Titan
May 12, 2022
connected to new acquired a-rgb hub
Make and model of the hub?

I daisychained all my 9 rgb fans
Have you tried working with one off of the hub, first? You might want to also stick to a maximum of 5 devices off of one ARGB motherboard header. If you're working with RGB devices, you should stick to a maximum of 3.

Make and model of your PSU? If it's been in service for a while, please include the age of the unit.
Hub: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B099DJM2GQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PSU: it's a newly acquired CoolerMaster V SFX Gold 850w.

I only have one a-rgb header. It says in the manual:
The header can be used to connect a standard 5050 addressable LED strip, with maximum power rating of 5A (5V) and maximum number of 1000 LEDs

May 12, 2022
Anyone? I think it might be a short coming from the Hub Sata plug because my pc doesn't just not turn on, it turns on and instant off. Though can I use it without Sata power safely?