PC Wont Start

Shmellord218

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Hello,

Around 3 weeks ago I downloaded a program from a website, that, when I tried to start it got put into my virus tray in Avast. I Disabled Avast and ran the program, despite the warnings that it was a virus. I continued playing, until around 4-5 hours later my PC switched off (which is not something unusual). However when I tried to start it again the lights in the case would turn on and the fans would spin for around 0.5 sec or 1 sec after which they all turned off, and the PC would try to boot again. It kept doing that until I turned it off. I tried every single fix I could think of, such as wiping my SSD and HDD, clearing the CMOS, putting in a different GPU (to rule out potential issues). I have also tried flash reinstalling my motherboard software with a USB, however none of these solutions fixed anything. After clearing the SSD and HDD, the PC ran briefly, after which it turned off and continued doing the On/Off cycle. A PC service suggested it could be a Windows update gone wrong and that I should use a Windows booting tool on a USB to counteract it, however I do not see how that would work, as my screen doesn't even have the chance to turn on before the entire PC turns off again. I have tried everything I could think of, and nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix a PC that won't even turn on properly?

Solution

maruniverse7

Notable
Jan 6, 2018

If you have another device to have the chance to download windows 10 media tool i would try that first. I had this problem before on a laptop where the screen was blank. But when i plugged in the USB it showed the windows 10 tools

- Mar

Solution

Shmellord218

Honorable
May 21, 2013