[SOLVED] PC won't start!

Nov 13, 2019
PC won't start!
My PC that I mainly use for gaming has had some minor troubles the past week before this incident. It was constantly freezing during booting etc, but this day it didn't want to boot at all. So I went into BIOS to take away my CPU OC but the bios screen was black, I instead went through the boot menu which worked but when I tried to start the computer shortly after it just started for max 5 sec with fans running and immediately stopped and retried. I have had this problem before and have easily solved it by changing the RAM around. But this time I have tried starting the PC without RAM or GPU and it didn't boot. I have tried only using one of the sticks in each slot with both sticks while the GPU was disconnected. And I have tried to take out the MB battery for a quick second to take of any dust. I have done the paperclip test for the PSU and it worked. But all this to no avail. I have heard you can take out the MB battery for longer periods of time for another effect, does that work? Or do I just need to buy a new motherboard?
Specs:
Gigabyte B250M D3H MB
Gtx 1070 GPU
i5 7600k CPU
600w PSU
2x4gb Kingston ddr4 2133MHz RAM

Solution
Maybe the RAM problem, maybe the evga w1 version can't handle the gtx1070.

Removing the gtx1070, use onboard iGPU+one stick RAM +boot device to boot up the PC. If you can, then add other RAM, boot again.

If you can use the PC with onboard iGPU+the 2x4GB RAM, then add the gtx1070. If you have same problem after adding the gpu, you know either the PSU or gpu has problem.
What PSU did you have? Model?

take out the MB battery for longer periods of time
that is to clear the CMOS, check your MB manual page 19. You can do it by the clear CMOS jump, or removing the battery.

You may try this: remove all the RAM, gtx1070, boot device, then clear the CMOS.

After that boot your PC, ofc, the PC will not boot in the window, but if the PC shows no RAM and no boot device errors, that means the CPU/MB are fine. If you don't get any errors, that means either the MB or cpu may have problem.

Nov 13, 2019
What PSU did you have? Model?

that is to clear the CMOS, check your MB manual page 19. You can do it by the clear CMOS jump, or removing the battery.

You may try this: remove all the RAM, gtx1070, boot device, then clear the CMOS.

After that boot your PC, ofc, the PC will not boot in the window, but if the PC shows no RAM and no boot device errors, that means the CPU/MB are fine. If you don't get any errors, that means either the MB or cpu may have problem.
Ok thank you so much will try immediately. I have a EVGA 600W 80+ W1 PSU. I managed randomly managed to get the computer running but it freezed when logging into windows, I can't recreate it now but does that mean that all parts are working?

Removing the gtx1070, use onboard iGPU+one stick RAM +boot device to boot up the PC. If you can, then add other RAM, boot again.

If you can use the PC with onboard iGPU+the 2x4GB RAM, then add the gtx1070. If you have same problem after adding the gpu, you know either the PSU or gpu has problem.

Solution
Nov 13, 2019

Thank you again! This unfortunately didn't work but I am planning on getting a better set of RAM sticks as I was going to upgrade anyway, do you think this will resolve my issues?