Oct 23, 2021
Today my PC gave me a blue screen saying it ran into an issue and needed to restart something about DPC watchdog violation and then it restarted successfully and 5 minutes later it just crashed again and whenever I try to start it up, the gpu, cpu and psu light up like normal, with all the normal sounds of whirring fans and such but then the monitor does not light up and the pc never boots, everything shuts down, then a few seconds later it attempts to boot up again and the same thing happens . It's almost like it's trying to start but can't quite do it. It's a pretty old pc, Intel core i5 4670 or something close to that, rx460 4gbs, 8 gigs of ram. I bought it 8 or so years ago and the gpu I bought 3 years ago or so. If it helps, I was loading up a game called Elyon when the pc crashed and refused to start up again

Oct 23, 2021
brand and model of the psu?
test without the gpu?
Thanks for responding. While I was checking the PSU to answer your question I instead decided to try removing the RAM and re-inserting it in the adjacent socket and also unplugging the HDD and then plugging it again, that got the pc to start somehow. The PSU is a coolmax PSU, model: cl-600b, 12A current, 115-230 Volts. OS: Windows 10 64 bit. I would like to know what could have caused this to happen in the first place if it is possible. It's worth noting that my GPU used to crash but not with a black or blue screen but rather with a brown or some other color, I would even sometimes be able to still hear sounds for a few seconds before the pc fully crashed, however these crashes only happened when I first bought the GPU 3-4 years ago and stopped entirely once I underclocked it. I don't know if that's relevant, but I'm trying to provide all possible information.

TRENDING THREADS