Question PC: Won't Start

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. Pls, I recently changed my nephew's motherboard because he spilled liquid on the PC. Unfortunately, the motherboard was damaged and I had to replace it. I bought a normal BIOSTAR motherboard. Then I put back the processor and everything else, when I finished, the PC booted up first time and without complications. But the next day it stopped start up. The day before, the CPU fan sped up after a few seconds. My problem was that I inadvertently touched the processor socket pins. And from here on, dead. If I take the processor out, it start up. Any idea?

I would appreciate any clarification.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
first time I heard a pc works without a processor. if it working, work the issue?

Many thanks for your reply @rgd1101. I don't want to say that the PC works without CPU, that's absurd. I have removed the processor to check if the motherboard is working. If the power supply works that means the motherboard is not shorted, or not? I understand it that way. The problem is that some liquid spilled on the side of the CPU. And when cleaning that area two pins were bent. But with a little patience I managed to straighten them. Still, not start up.