[SOLVED] PC wont stay connected

Andrew_263

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Hey. So I am a pc gamer and love the competitive scene.
But my pc wont stay connected to my internet through wifi.
Not that long ago I couldn't get internet at my location so I used my mobile data to play online. But I now have internet and the location of my router I can't have a wired connection. I use a wirless network adapter via usb to connect. But via wifi I keep disconnecting mid games and lose rank due to that. My mobile data works just fine with no disconnections. I've tried updating network drivers moving my wirless network adaptor usb to other usb ports in my pc. Any suggestions on how to fix this???

Solution
Wireless USB adapter: make and model? Make and model router?

If it is one of those tiny little "dongle" adapters and plugged into a USB port on the back or front of the computer then try using a USB extension cord.

Plug the USB wireless network adapter into the USB extension cable and the USB extension cable into the original USB host port.

Then raise the USB wireless adapter up and about trying different locations.

Determine if doing so makes any difference in stability and speed.

Another note: those tiny USB adapters can get very warm and even hot. Tend to start malfunctioning sooner or later.

Getting the USB wireless adapter away from the computer's case also may help with cooling.

Ralston18

Titan
Wireless USB adapter: make and model? Make and model router?

If it is one of those tiny little "dongle" adapters and plugged into a USB port on the back or front of the computer then try using a USB extension cord.

Plug the USB wireless network adapter into the USB extension cable and the USB extension cable into the original USB host port.

Then raise the USB wireless adapter up and about trying different locations.

Determine if doing so makes any difference in stability and speed.

Another note: those tiny USB adapters can get very warm and even hot. Tend to start malfunctioning sooner or later.

Getting the USB wireless adapter away from the computer's case also may help with cooling.

Solution