[SOLVED] pc wont turn off

A weeks ago i downloaded cyans obduction game but stopped using it because my pc kept refusing to shut down after i had used it.
Over the last few days i have started using mass effect andromeda and the same thing is happening , i have to press the reset button on my coolermaster half x tower which effectively forces my pc to do a restart and sends it back to the desktop and then i can shut it down properly.

I have been a geek for many years and never had anything like this happen before so i dont even know what to check

Solution
I know I answered elsewhere so I won't repeat that answer. It wasn't helpful anyway.

Not sure how a game can stop shutdown, I don't see any mention of anti cheat or copy protection.

Only posts on similar topic are yours, did you follow advice suggested on steam?

Have you tried a clean boot as maybe game loads something else?
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I know I answered elsewhere so I won't repeat that answer. It wasn't helpful anyway.

Not sure how a game can stop shutdown, I don't see any mention of anti cheat or copy protection.

Only posts on similar topic are yours, did you follow advice suggested on steam?

Have you tried a clean boot as maybe game loads something else?
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution
Hi vic ... the game was installed in steam but links to origin to launch itself ...... what i have done recently is this , i bring up the task manager and look at all the graphs and when i see everything drop to a minimum i know it is safe the shut down .

I think it takes my pc a while to sort itself out after using this because the game auto sets everything to ultra.

Even though my steam games are on my second drive i noticed my main drive did a few high performance spikes just after shutting the game down or maybe that is a coincidence