Question PC won't turn on after a new build.

Nov 29, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I am having some computer issues after finishing a new build. This is the first time I've been genuinely confused about a PC issue. After building my PC the motherboard gets power and the LEDs turn on but there is no response from the power button. After this issue I have swapped many of the parts and tried everything I can think of and now when I press the power button the PSU fan spins for a second then turns off but no other fans or parts turn on.

Things I have tried:

-Swapped Ram
-Swapped Motherboard
-Swapped AIO
-Swapped Power supply
-triple checked all connections are in the right place
-reseeded all connections
-clear CMOS
-remove CMOS battery
-bios flashback
-jump the power front Io pins

My PC Build:

-Ryzen 7 5800x
-MSI x570s edge max wifi
-nvidia 3070
-64GB DDR4 3600 MHz trident Z RGB Ram
-Corsair h100i elite capellix AIO
-Lian LI 750 W SFP power supply
-Lian LI O11 Dynamic mini

I believe this motherboard doesn't support the 5800x out of the box which is why I tried flashing the bios and I am 99% sure it worked but still no change. Only thing I haven't swapped at this point is the CPU although I don't see any physical damage I am wondering if it's DOA. I wanted to ask for suggestions here before trying to do a refund/return on my CPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

skaz

Distinguished
For the time being, during trouble shooting, I would start with the least amount of components hooked up. (remove the GPU, use the integrated graphics if able and use only 1 stick of ram).
Test, and then check if your AIO is operating correctly.

Nov 29, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply! So I have removed the GPU and all my other Ram sticks. I swapped between all 4 sticks while testing. Even with those few parts I still have no boot of any kind. I've tried the AIO in the CPU fan header as well as the AIO pump header slot and I'm not seeing any life. Still seeing the PSU fan spin for a split second then off with nothing else turning on.

What's the best way (if any) of making sure the aio is functioning? (other then swapping to another system).

skaz

Distinguished
You could grab the tubes to see if you feel a slight vibration, indicating that the pump is working. But, if your only indication of life is only lasting less then a second this won't help much. Do you have a spare PSU you could quickly hook up to see if the problem persist?

skaz

Distinguished
Also, what's the exact model of your PSU? I can't find anything for SFP.

EDIT: Also, check page page 25 of manual (39 in PDF) about that safe boot jumper. May be worth messing with.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022
I have attempted another power supply and I am having the same issue. I used the paper clip trick and both PSU seem to be working fine. I also tried a different cooler with a 4 pin connector and still no change. Not sure where to go from here.

TRENDING THREADS