Question PC wont turn on after being unplugged overnight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2021
After being unplugged overnight my computer takes a while to boot. This morning I plugged it in at 7:15 pressed the power button and it turned on by itself by 9:45. I think this started around 2 weeks ago. I have replaced the cmos <battery> but it did nothing. I tried to jumpstart the computer with a screwdriver but it wont turn on unless I wait a while. The psu turned on when i tried the paper clip test but after plugging it into the motherboard and pressing the power button it wont start.

system specs:
asus ex a320m motherboard
Amd ryzen 3 2200g
Western digital WD10EZEX 3.5 inches 1TB HDD
Western digital WD7500BPVT-22HXZT3 150 gb from an old laptop
Seagate ST2000VM003 2TB
Thermaltake Smart SPR-0500 80 Plus PSU 500watt
3 Team Elite Plus Memory 4gb Ddr4-2400
windows 10

Aug 21, 2021
Does it take 2 hours for the power to come on or for the boot process to finish? Unplug all the hd except for your os one. See if this changes anything.
It takes a while for it to turn on. Whenever I press the power button it doesn't turn on unless I wait. There is this little rgb light on the motherboard which I assume it that it still gets power
I unplugged all of the HDD except one but still no change

Aug 21, 2021
Try replacing the motherboard battery.
That was the first thing I did when this started happening.
I have recently found an old computer and swapped the PSU. My current PSU worked fine and the older PSU did not work when plugged into my PC. So I think that the problem is either the motherboard or the CPU. Should I just buy another motherboard at this point or is there a chance that the CPU is broken?

Aug 21, 2021
I got the motherboard January last year and the os is in Western digital WD10EZEX 3.5 inches 1TB HDD. Also the problem has gotten worst. I wasn't able to open my PC at all yesterday

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021
Just tried it and it still won't boot. Putting it in different slots didn't seem to work either.
Also I forgot to mention when I tested my Psu with the old computer the other day,I completely stripped my PC. I plugged my psu into the wall and only had that connected to the motherboard. Still didn't work

Jun 8, 2022
i too have the exact problem. i tried replacing my motherboard but after a few months it happened again.

specs:
mobo- asus prime a320(before) then i replaced it with gigabyte a320 m
cpu- ryzen 3 3200g
ram-8gb kingston hyperx
psu- 50 watts (tru rated)

may i know if u have fixed this problem already? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.