Question PC Won't turn on after installing 2nd GPU

rekalulous

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Hi,

I installed a secondary GPU within my system for assistance with rendering, but my PC refuses to turn on after I've done this. The issue still persists even after I have removed the GPU.

So far I've reset the CMOS, tried using a different power supply, tested the GPU on another system, and tried starting the PC without a GPU.

I feel like the power button may be faulty here because in the previous days I've had to press it multiple times for it to register. I've also tried jumping the pins with a tweezer, but it doesn't do anything besides flash the HDD led once.

I should also mention that the RGB lights on the motherboard are on.

Case: H440
MB: x570 TUF
GPU: 1080FTW2 and MSI 980
RAM: Crucial 32gb 3200
CPU: 5600x
Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 4
PSU: Rm750x

Hi,

I installed a secondary GPU within my system for assistance with rendering, but my PC refuses to turn on after I've done this. The issue still persists even after I have removed the GPU.

So far I've reset the CMOS, tried using a different power supply, tested the GPU on another system, and tried starting the PC without a GPU.

I feel like the power button may be faulty here because in the previous days I've had to press it multiple times for it to register. I've also tried jumping the pins with a tweezer, but it doesn't do anything besides flash the HDD led once.

I should also mention that the RGB lights on the motherboard are on.

Case: H440
MB: x570 TUF
GPU: 1080FTW2 and MSI 980
RAM: Crucial 32gb 3200
CPU: 5600x
Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 4
PSU: Rm750x
RMA the motherboard

rekalulous

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Chances are that it was the motherboard, I sent it back for RMA, but all of my parts are working on my old motherboard.

I'll update this thread later to see if this was right.

rekalulous

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I apologize for the delayed posting of the solution. The motherboard was faulty due to a component on it shorting. It has been replaced via RMA and the machine is now working.