PC won't turn on after installing MSI gtx 970

1thessalon1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Hi, i am seeking for a help, i'm just furious about it .
My pc:
CPU:i5 8600k
MB:AsRock z370 pro4
RAM:16GB DDR 4 corsair 3000mhz
PSU: EVGA b3 550w
new HW: MSI GTX 970 4GB

I used this pc with integrated graphics with success.Today I tried to mount gtx 970. It requires 1x 6 pin and 1x 8 pin pci-e power connectors.When I plug in card without 6 and 8 pins in card, pc runs fine but GPU is not detected and does not work. When I try to plug just 6 pin connector, GPU is alive, but will display message that I need to plug in pcie power connectors.When I plug both 6 and 8 pin connectors, pc does not start at all.

Am I missing here something? :(

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

Sounds like a dead PSU, it's most likely not delivering enough power over the 8-pin, which explains why integrated graphics work but not with the 6 and 8-pin installed.

make sure the mb has the newest bios on it. in the bios set primany display to peg/pci not auto. turn on multi monitor display so both onboard and gpu will turn on for testing. on the side of the mb make sure the 8 pin eps cable is plugged in for the 75v that is needed to power gpus.

1thessalon1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
MB has newest bios v1.50.I've set primary display to pci express.Also turned on multi monitor display. 8 pin eps cable is also plugged in to mb. Also tried switching gpu to other pci-e slot, still same result :(

TRENDING THREADS