PC wont turn on after installing new Graphics Card

Mar 5, 2018
So i have bought a new graphics card name Palit GT 710
and i have inserted it but the problem is the monitor wont turn on
Im trying to find solution for this problem because im currently new to the PC world..
Thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Follow this step by step first: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

You need an appropriate connection from your GPU to your monitor such as VGA/HDMI/DVi etc. However lack of this connection will not stop your computer from booting. it would simply give no signal to your monitor. This is why I recommend the steps highlighted in the link above first.

Also, what PSU do you have? Are you sure you're supplying sufficient power for a dedicated GPU?

Also make sure you plug your display cable into the GPU itself from the rear of the case, not the motherboard integrated graphics. Which once again, would not prevent booting, but give no signal.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Look at the specification of your actual GPU to see what connection it is. It will have at least one or a combination of VGA, HDMI, DVI. This also has to match whatever input you have for your monitor. If your GT 710 has a HDMI output, and your monitor has a HDMI input, then get a HDMI cable for example.

But once again, follow those previous steps first! Having no cable will not stop your PC from booting.

Is your PC NOT BOOTING at all? Or is it starting (all fans and lights start) - but your monitor has no signal?
Also what PSU do you have?

I will iterate once again, not having a VGA/HDMI cable WILL still let your PC boot, you just won't get any signal on your monitor. So if your PC is outright not booting at all, then the cable is not your problem.

Mar 5, 2018
I dont have any connectors connected in my VGA/HDMI/DVI in my Graphics Card..
and this is the one that cause my Graphics Card not to run.. can you suggest what connector
should i buy
My PSU is 600

Mar 5, 2018
If i put my VGA from monitor to Graphics Card's VGA my Monitor wont turn on but if i Put My VGA From monitor to back the way it was my Monitor is working fine and my Graphics isnt running anymore

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

Is it placed at the pcie x16 slot?
Is there any 6 pin connector on the GPU? If it has put there a 6 pin in the 6 pin slot of your GPU.
Also some motherboards have a WATT limit on the pcie x16 slots so if you have this then you are out of luck.

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

Is there any 6 pin connector on the GPU? If it has put there a 6 pin in the 6 pin slot of your GPU.
Also some motherboards have a WATT limit on the pcie x16 slots so if you have this then you are out of luck.

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

Place the VGA cable on your Graphics card, the BLUE one.
Some motherboards have WATT limit on their pcie x16 slots so when your motherboard has a 30 WATT limit on your motherboard and your graphics card uses 70 WATT then it will not work.
If your graphics card has a 6 pin connector then it will work and gets power from your powersupply.